Click for Delta Click for Perko Click for JetForums Click for Abeking Click for Westport

new roamer, old roamer

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by gbrooksbank, Jun 20, 2011.

1. gbrooksbank

gbrooksbank New Member

Dear Metalheads,
    I have been reading this forum for years, starting when I bought my first Roamer, a'62 Silver Comet, in around 2000 or so. Then I got a ' 61 35 ft express (steel) in 2004 and now I have achieved Roamer ectasy with a '66 , 37 ft Riviera (alum) always fresh water, I am the third owner ! well documented very un-molested boat. I have some pictures already and will post when I learn how to (I am not very tech oriented). My question is this, I need to sell the '61 Express, can I use this forum to get the word out, or is there some other place better suited? I won't waste space describing it until I find out more, also about posting any pictures. I found my newest Roamer by reading a post on this forum last fall that mentioned the boat for sale at some other site, can't remember which one, but it is the alum Riv that used to be in Wazata, MN, currently named Maritime. What is the proper procedure for getting out word of my current "for sale" boat?
    Thanks, Gregg Brooksbank
  2. homer1958

homer1958 Member

Maritime ... I think I put that one on.

Homer here,

Maritime was a real beauty. I posted the link when I saw it for sale... w/ photo.. glad to see it worked! At least I think it came from Homer's Romer post... picture is still there.

I think you bought the last 37/38 aluminum Rivie available I scout YachtWorld and there have not been any aluminums for quite some time. Seems like the aluminums go for triple/quadruple the price... nothing wrong with steel as long as the steel is good or been re-plated.

The aluminums weigh 4,000 pounds less too and do not seem to deteriorate.

There was a real nice 41 aluminum up in Alexandria Bay at Bonnie Castle marina too (great deal but gas)... not sure if it is still there?

Bonnie Castle on the Saint Lawrence was home of Homer's Roamer as well as Senaca Lake and Rochester Yacht Club. Hull #505. There were 0nly 7 Aluminum 38 Rivies made that year and 12 in steel... So they are very rare indeed... plus I really like the looks of the 1965-1970 Rivies.... The 41 was made in 1967-1970. Hull #1 was aluminum and it is now in the Chesapeake Bay in Edgwater MD.. Name is ROAMER