Click for Abeking Click for Llebroc Click for Abeking Click for YFYS Click for Walker

New Project 79 Chris Craft 22' CC Dory

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by Trapshot, Apr 30, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

That was for a removable teak cover plate, you could pull that off with out tools , to see the mechanical sight glass gauge on the top of your original fuel tank...
    I have the 1974 grey Dory at Utsch's close to my other boat ''Clean Slate'', you may have seen it there at times. I like your yellow Dory, nice and original like mine.
  2. Das Scorpion

Das Scorpion Member

Nice work!
  3. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

Here is my 1974 Dory. My second '74 Dory in four years . Both identical 1974 boats ironically. Both same color and original windshield.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2019
  4. Das Scorpion

Das Scorpion Member

Very similar, nice boats, classic.:cool:
  5. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Original dark windshield??
    What material?
    Your ships and work look great.
  6. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

Yes original "Taylor Made" manufactured windshield that's who made them for Chris Craft . They were never dark, just a light tint to them . Although it looks pretty dark in the photo.
    I also have the original steering wheel , Morse three spoke chrome (pitted now, lol) with the white rubber/foam around the wheel.
    Thanks for the complement , but she is all original including the gel coat .
    I haven't done much to her yet. Just some waxing and cleaning.
    I did add my own black water line and red bottom paint .
    I enjoy out running the marine police with her, here in Cape May ! Lol
    She's fast and light, for a Dory , no T-Top and junk to weight her down. Pur bare bones boat. Just a compass and VHF radio, no depth meter or GPS , seems my other boat takes up all of my Dory money.
  7. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

8. mogie

mogie New Member

Great Boat...I have a '77 Dory in Avalon...My project is finished except for two hawse pipes that I can't find anywhere...Best, M
  9. mogie

mogie New Member

I have a '77 Dory in Avalon just completed full restoration...basically new boat...only item left are 2 missing hawse pipes
  10. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

For what it’s worth . Been meaning to share this. My CC Dory is just like this. still bare bones . I did finally install a new GPS/Fishfinder.:) May be help to other. C40E0394-06C8-4AF0-BB9D-C2169C1FDECE.jpeg
  11. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

I did remove , to me , the useless original chairs and installed two high/low self adjustable nice white butt seats. You can not see over the bow when you sit on the old chairs when get on and staying on plane.
    These allow you to lower and raise the seat at will depending on the speed and sea conditions.
    Also you'll loose your false teeth and wrist watch with me at the helm if you sat in such chairs...you need to stand and hold onto the "O.S." bar I've installed on the console front and enjoy the go....:)