Click for Mulder Click for Glendinning Click for Nordhavn Click for Westport Click for Walker

New Palmer Johnson 170' Renderings...

Discussion in 'Palmer Johnson News & Launches' started by coismov, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coismov

coismov Member

As many of you know, there has been a 165' (which was recently updated to 170') listed in the "Tomorrow" section of the Palmer Johnson website, but it didn't link to any additional info or images. Apparently images have been out for a while, and I came across them the other day. But since I haven't seen anything about it on here yet, I figured I'd share the images I found. It's quite an expansion on the previous N-L designed PJs.

Attached Files:

2. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Very military looking mast ...
  3. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

Different bow design than they normally do. Nice and clean!
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I have heard through the grapevine that this projects is a non runner.

It remains to be seen if my source was accurate.
  5. coismov

coismov Member

That would be really unfortunate. I would love to see this concept realized. It's a wonderful expansion on their existing sport yacht series. Different, but not too different.
  6. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

While not typically a fan of the overly swoopy and sweepy superstructure and window designs, I've got to agree that it is unfortunate news indeed that this may never see its way into a final build. Something about this design just works. It's striking but not startling or unpleasant.
  7. Lrgyot

Lrgyot Senior Member

I really really like the design of the PJ170. As ever, I'm sure with the current economic situation, PJ are apprehensive about starting an unsold project, but If someone puts pen to paper, then this boat will be a reality!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.