Click for Delta Click for Westport Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Furuno Click for JetForums

New owner of 1972 Burger 81' "Silver Lining" - information needed

Discussion in 'Burger Yacht' started by Aquila Jovis, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Aquila Jovis

Aquila Jovis New Member

We live at Lighthouse Point Marina In Baltimore Ma
    I am ready to restore her slowly but need help from anyone out there that knows anything about older Burgers and finding the parts I need. She is a beauty and we love her. Hope to hear from some of you to help us in our Burger restoration.

Thank you.

Aquila Jovis
  2. RER

RER Senior Member

3. Aquila Jovis

Aquila Jovis New Member

Good morning

Thank you and yes, the pictures show an older decor but accurate boat pictures. She will officially be named Aquila Jovis eventually. She does not have the stripe anymore. If there is a place where Burger owners can communicate about restoring issues, I would like to have it. I realize that most Burger owners that restore do hire out a lot of the work. We will be doing some projects ourselves and some we of course, will hire out. Any help from anyone will be appreciated.

Thank you.
    Joy
  4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Hi Joy and welcome to YF!

Congratulations on acquiring Silver Lining. I've been aboard your boat. She's a wonderful old gal! My brother & I had a 1982 72' Broward. Like you, we needed schematics, part numbers, sources & suppliers, but due to a fire at the yard, much of this information went missing.

During our tenure, I started YachtForums to connect with other owners, hoping to gather information for an accurate restoration. Unfortunately, Glenn Straub had purchased the yard and wasn't very helpful.

I think you will find a wealth of knowledge at YachtForums. Our discussions on brands often top a Google search. For this reason, I'm moving your posts to a new thread and retitling for search engine optimization.

We're a reciprocal bunch; meaning if we help you, you have to give something back. Keep us updated with tips & techniques during the process. And don't forget to include pics!
  5. whaler23

whaler23 New Member

Hi Joy,

We did a pass of your Burger two weeks ago in Baltimore, we were in the Gray hulled 64 Burger. As we briefly spoke I've had work done on my boat at Worton Creek Marina, a quick run for you across the bay. The owner of the marina, John, is very familiar with Burgers, as he also owns one in the 90' range. The travel lift in his yard can lift your boat. He has a full crew familiar with every aspect of refit and repair of these boats and does very nice work including interior woodworking, cabinetmaking, etc...

Good luck with the boat she's a beauty.

Best,

Scott
  6. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

Sadly for Broward, that man could have cared less about Broward or boats.
  7. Aquila Jovis

Aquila Jovis New Member

Thank you for all the information you shared. We live aboard the Burger in Baltimore Harbor. Over time, I will upload pics and share everything I learn about her. I am always happy to help any other boater. That is the fun of boating. I am glad you started Yacht Forum. It is a wonderful site. I have not used it enough to negotiate it easily yet but hope to soon.

Warm regards,

Joy
  8. Aquila Jovis

Aquila Jovis New Member

Hi Scott. Its Joy and Bryant. Wonderful to get your note. Your yacht is so lovely. We loved the color of the hull. Whisper gray. Thanks for taking the time to talk to us the other day and to write here. It is interesting you mention John...... We took a trip to Wharton Creek last weekend just to meet him. We had heard about his 91' Burger that he has been restoring for the last nine years. He is very nice and has a wonderful place there. His yacht restoration is fantastic and we enjoyed meeting him. His woodwork is exquisite. Hope to see you again on the Chesapeake.

Warm regards.

Joy
  9. Aquila Jovis

Aquila Jovis New Member

Hi. I forgot to mention to you that it is wonderful to know you came on the Burger. Tell me about it. I want to write a book about her. I am trying to find anyone that knows this boat and trying to get up with former owners and family to get her history. She has been everywhere.

Joy
  10. Aquila Jovis

Aquila Jovis New Member

Hi. You said you were moving my posts to a new thread- Where will I find that thread. I am just now beginning to find my way around the forum. I want to reach out to anyone that knows this yacht or has owned it so I can write a book about her. I appreciate any help toward that goal.

Warm regards,

Joy
  11. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

The one you just posted in.

It looks like a beautiful yacht. I loo forward to seeing her progress.
  12. Mike Atkins

Mike Atkins New Member

I am trying to see your yacht to purchase. The company (Allied) that is your broker is not very good at responding. I have been waiting on pics for weeks and he is not replying to me or my text. If you want to sell your yacht please contact me directly. I am sure you will be responsive to me. Thanks. Mike
  13. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

Mike,
    You don't have to use Allied to purchase the vessel, and truthfully you should be using a broker you are comfortable with. Since he has it listed, the seller will be paying a commission to the central agent regardless of how the buyer comes to him, so you should take advantage of advice and assistance from a professional.
    If you need help finding a broker, there are lots of resources here on YF.
    JWY and d_meister like this.