Click for Westport Click for Walker Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for Cross

New Hobie iEclipse

Discussion in 'Tenders & Dinghies' started by Pascal, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Hobie has finally started releasing the new iEclipse pedal board, the inflatable version on the Eclipse powered by their Mirage drive.

so far we could only get one and are waiting for a second one. Impressed with the quality, especially the handle bar and rudder system which was a bit flimsy on the fiberglass Eclipse.

inflates in no time first with a high volume pump and then to 10 PSI with a hand pump.

Saves a lot of space on board. Comes in a bag with a handle and wheels.
    4F8C8AC7-A215-42D8-AA25-E3481F498A71.jpeg 4F080B7C-4C56-4FB8-ABE4-332E15B8F02F.jpeg
  2. maldwin

maldwin Senior Member

I have the hard one, and have a few hundred hours on it, so I bought a soft one earlier in the summer to use on the boat, but haven’t used it yet because my boat hasn’t emerged from the yard. It is a great way to get exercise, I observed about 90 minutes of use was equivalent to an hour on the elliptical according to my Apple Watch. I would be interested in hearing your impressions of the inflatable vs fiberglass in the water.
    I am trying to think of a better carrying case, as the one it comes in is a bit unwieldy. Might be 2 bags, one for the board, the other for peripherals.
    Best,
    Maldwin