Click for Abeking Click for MotorCheck Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Cross

New Baglietto

Discussion in 'Baglietto Yacht' started by Yacht News, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

A new Baglietto has been launched today or delivered rather..She is a new 43 meter long designated with the name 'Annamia' formerly hull B10190.
  2. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Any photo links?
  3. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

4. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

By the way, check out the 'Video of Server's Break' for some interesting history of what preceded the plain old breaking of a bottle of bubbly on the bows.
  5. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Thanks for the link Loren. BTW, some photos show railing ahead of the bridge and some don't!

http://www.myannamia.com/2723dae0.jpg

I wonder if that was temporary just for the launch crowd? Or is retractable? Or .... ?

Kelly
  6. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

On "my" boats, we use to pour some champagne over the bow and then share a drink on what´s left. This is something I picked up in Denmark long ago and maybe a tradition used on wooden boats where a bottle would just bounce, or worse, damage the boat...!?

More civilized anyway! :D
  7. Billy1119

Billy1119 Senior Member

Kind of interesting - the anchor light doesn't look like it's visible from all directions, as the domes on the arch look like they do an excellent job of blocking it.

http://www.myannamia.com/id99.htm
  8. Billy1119

Billy1119 Senior Member

Never mind. I see in the second sea trial photos they have solved this problem.
  9. Yacht News

thanks for the website Loren!
  10. techmati

techmati Senior Member

11. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

"Navetta" is Italian for "shuttle".
  12. Yacht News

i think that it was just the angle that the photo was taken from that made the steaming and anchor light on the mast look like they would be hidden...i'm sure its not like that!
  13. techmati

techmati Senior Member

interesting. but there must be more to it than that, some history because it appears to be in general usage in the industry.
  14. Billy1119

Billy1119 Senior Member

Well, actually, in the later photos (second sea trial) there was a tower added to the arch between the domes which I'm sure contains the anchor light. The first link I posted just wasn't of the finished product. See addition here: http://www.myannamia.com/id114.htm

But yes, you're correct in that it's not like it is in my first post!
  15. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

William,

It's good to see you back on YF. I stopped by your site a while back. Looks like it's gained some popularity... you exceeded your bandwidth! ;)

Thanks for the link to Blue Eyes. It's hard to believe, Cassioppia is 98' in length, but dwarfed by the adjacent yachts.
  16. Yacht News

Yes i see the addition to the mast that you are talking about however, the lights are still in the same position i think..It looks like if the addition is carrying weather instruments (wind vane...thermometer...etc?)
  17. Billy1119

Billy1119 Senior Member

Well, at least one of those lower lights is probably just a nav light (facing forward). If the one just above is the anchor light and there's not one on the mast, someone goofed, because in the second picture you can clearly see the assumed anchor light would be blocked from certain angles by the domes. I suspect you're correct that the mast is carrying other instruments as well, though.
  18. blazeboss

blazeboss New Member

people or robots

I checked out the interior shots talk about stark!!what is that style early penal colony.Does not seem very warm or hospitable and no accessories no flair no panache! Whats up with this reminds me of Skat all lines and no warmth.:eek: