Discussion in 'Tenders & Dinghies' started by Ron Cardoza, May 7, 2019.
Here you go ...
Leg room yes but weight isn’t that important compared to storage and ride. A deal killer for me is a high bench seat open under the back rest like many. Sooner or later stuff will fall overboard. Phone, drink, whatever.
The generation 450 has a ton of storage. Under the seats, under the rear deck and bench. Plus two bins under the rear deck that can be used as coolers or dry storage. Great design
The OP stated 660 lbs limit. Just trying to help the numbers.
I agree good storage is nice to keep some items on board but that cost weight.
Wow that is beautiful. question: did you consider the 11 LTE or was it not enough of a difference in interior space to justify the extra cost?
Wow! Thanks! What a gorgeous tender! so the dealer will custom those cushions like that or they order from manufacturer that way?
I m not sure. The one we picked was in stock and came that way.
I was going through my emails looking for something else and actually mis-spoke on which tender we bought. I was planning on the 10LTE but ended up purchasing the 11LTE as he had it in stock and it still fit our size/weight (600lbs or less) requirement... There is a 7" and roughly 25lb difference between the 10 and 11. Most of this is the bow locker is extended and space in front of the helm. I'm 6'1 and have no issue fitting my legs when at the helm. When we were discussing the 2 boats, he also mentioned that the 11 does plane a little better than the 10. My boat planes fine with 4 adults the way it is and I don't have a fin or wedge on my motor currently. When alone or with my wife sitting on the bench next to me, sometimes we have to lean forward a little (not stand up) to get on plane faster. This would likely be corrected by a wedge. The one thing that I'm planning on adding at some point this summer is a grab handle on the front of the console. When people are boarding at the bow, they generally want to grab something and the little windshield is the first thing they go for. The stitching on the seats was not factory. I believe he has a local shop that does it for him.
Apologize about the confusion on my part...
On the larger 450 with the 75, if just the two of us too much power just gets the bow high. I usually go to 3000 rpm, let it pop up and then add more power.
Thank you Max for clarifying. I was wondering what the difference was between the 10 LTE and 11 LTE and you pretty much answered it. I now need to sell my boat just so I can get a bigger one to fit the 450! LOL I WISH! Thanks for all the tips. The grab handle sounds like a great idea!
Hi Max and Pascal, I received a contract to sign from a tender dealer and found it a bit disconcerting the terms written but maybe that's just me and it's a standard contract between a dealer and customer...any suggestions or feedback?.....I've cut and pasted the terms that I think may need looking at...did you sign a similar contract?...
I certify that the terms and conditions of this contract have been read and agreed to. In this contract the words, I, me and my refer to the Buyer and Co-Buyer signing this contract. The words you and your refer to the Dealer. I also understand the term rig used in the agreement describes the Boat, Motor, Trailer or any item or combination of items as described in this agreement.
4. Failure to complete. If I fail or refuse to complete this purchase within thirty (30) days of the date of this contract, or within an agreed-upon extension of time for any reason (other than cancellation because of an increase in price), you may keep that portion of my cash deposit which will reimburse you for expenses and other losses because I failed to complete my purchase. (DOESN'T THIS SOUND A BIT ODD IF THE BOAT IS NOT DELIVERED ON TIME, SINCE IT'S A ETA ON DELIVERY, THAT I WOULD FORFEIT MY DEPOSIT, IN WHICH THEY ARE ASKING FOR 50%? DOESN'T SOUND LIKE IF I DON'T GIVE THE OTHER 50% WITHIN THE 30 DAYS OF SIGNING THE CONTRACT THAT THEY CAN KEEP THE DEPOSIT? IF THE BOAT DOESN'T COME WITHIN 30 DAYS DOESN'T IT SOUND LIKE I'M LIABLE FOR PAYMENT ANYWAYS THE MANNER IT'S WRITTEN?
5. Changes by Manufacture. I understand that the manufacturer may make any changes in the model, or the designs, or any accessories and parts from the time to time and at any time. If the manufacturer does make changes, neither you nor the manufacturer are obligated to make the same changes in the unit I am purchasing and covered by this order, either before or after it is delivered to me. (DOESN'T IT SOUND LIKE IF THERE HAVE BEEN CHANGES MADE BY THE MANUFACTURER FROM THE PRODUCT I'VE SEEN IN THE BOAT SHOWS AND WEBSITE THAT I HAVE NO RECOURSE IF WHAT THEY CHANGED I DON'T AGREE WITH)?
6. Taxes. I understand that the price of the boat or rig I am purchasing does not include any tax or taxes imposed by any governmental agency or authority prior to or at the time of delivery. I assume and agree to pay, unless prohibited by law, any taxes, except income taxes, that may be charged on my purchase, regardless of the person having the primary tax liability. (DOESN'T SOUND LIKE IF THERE ARE IMPORT TAXES OR OTHER TYPES OF TAXES THAT ARE LATER PLACED ON THE BOAT THAT I WILL BE RESPONSIBLE IN PAYING THOSE UNEXPECTED FEES)?
7. Delays. I will not hold you liable for delays caused by manufacture, accidents, strikes, fires, or any other cause beyond your control. (WHAT RECOURSE DOES A BUYER THEN HAVE IF THE MANUFACTURER DELAYS THE DELIVERY BEYOND REASONABLE EXPECTATIONS?)
8. Exclusion of warranties. I understand that the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and all other warranties express or implied are excluded by you from this transaction and shall not apply to the goods sold. I understand that you make no warranties whatsoever regarding the boat or rig nor for any appliances or components and contained therein, sold (as is) except as may be required under applicable state law. (DOES THIS MEAN NO WARRANTY IS MADE ON PURCHASE BY DEALER AND ONLY THE MANUFACTURER IF APPLICABLE?)
10. Inspection. I have examined the boat or rig and find it suitable for my particular needs. I have relied upon my own judgment and inspection in determining that it is acceptable quality.(DOESN'T THIS KINDA SOUND LIKE I/BUYER HAS INSPECTED THE PRODUCT PRIOR TO DELIVERY? THIS IS A TENDER THAT NEEDS TO BE ORDERED BY THE DEALER FROM MANUFACTURER)
11. Insurance. I understand that I am not covered by insurance on the boat or rig purchased and it is my responsibility to secure insurance. I will not hold you responsible for any clams due to loss or damage whatsoever. (DOES THIS SEEM AS THOUGH ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS ON THE PURCHASE OF THE TENDER IS MY RESPONSIBILITY EVEN BEFORE THE BOAT IS DELIVERED?)
15. Delivery. I understand and agree that cannot make a water delivery to a public or private location. We cannot assume liability for water depth and other hazards that potentially can damage the boat. (I WAS TOLD DELIVERY INCLUDED SO DOES THIS SOUND LIKE IT WILL BE DELIVERED TO LAND AND NOT TO A BOAT IN THE WATER?)
17. Attorney’s Fees and costs. Buyer agrees to pay any legal costs and attorney’s fee in collection of any balance due on the account and in enforcing the terms of this agreement. (DOESN'T THIS SOUND LIKE IF THERE IS SOME NEGLIGENCE OR BREACH OF PURCHASE ON THE SELLERS PART THAT I/BUYER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ATTORNEY FEES EVEN IF IT'S THE SOLE PART OF THE DEALER?)
I didn't have a contract as I've known Nathan since he was a kid and could literally call his mother if things didn't go well... I just sent him a check and he delivered me a boat. I have witnessed dealings with him on many different levels and have always seen him do the right thing for his customers even if it meant eating the cost of something that wasn't really their fault. I'm guessing they are just using a form contract of some sort and would suggest talking to him. It's not worth going through a lot of head trauma over a $20k boat. We put nearly 15 hours on ours this weekend running around Milwaukee. You're going to love the boat.
Kind of the same here since I ve know Max for year and Nathan is a friend of is. Boat was in the showroom so I think I just signed the purchase order invoice and the office sent a wire. I m sure that contact is pretty basic used by most dealers
Have him throw in his mom's phone number on the Term's & Conditions page just in case....