Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Cross Click for Northern Lights Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service

Need Help

Discussion in 'Hatteras Yacht' started by hseddiqi, Oct 11, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. hseddiqi

hseddiqi New Member

Guys i need to install a windlass on my 60 convertible GT and in Dubai a few companies recommended on having a pulpit reinforced in the deck which means a huge job and lots of breaking. What do you guys think on having a simple windlass directly to a Bow roller ? Anyone has pictures or any recommendations will be well appreciated.
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

You'll see a (IMO) pretty wierd setup on Yachtworld here : View Boat Photos - **************
    As you can see though they are using a bow roller even though it's surrounded by a pulpit of sorts. Seems to me just a matter of taste.
  3. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

You could certainly install just a bow roller. But on a 60' boat I think a pulpit would look better and more in keeping with the size and style of the boat. But that is just me.

What brand is your boat? If it's a production boat the manufacturer may make, or can make, a pulpit for it that would save you some time and perhaps money.
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Yeah, on a newish 60' GT, contact Hatteras as they should have a pulpit. It should be fine with just a bow roller and a windless on the deck and would look cleaner on your boat since it doesn't have a bow rail or anything. You could probably get a flip up roller that comes out of the anchor locker or something to that effect. Or instead of the roller you could also just get the little pocket that bolts to the deck and the anchor fits in it, sort of like Azimut and many others do.
  5. 42hatteras

42hatteras New Member

One of the really nice things about not having a pulpit is having the ability to roll the bow on a piling to get the boat off the dock when there is a stiff breeze on the beam. That being said if I wasn't going to have a pulpit,which by the way keeps the anchor away from the hull and paint while weighing it,I would not want a bow roller sticking out there either. The previous poster suggests a flip up or retractable roller.I haven't seen one yet,but it is a good idea.

To answer you original questions,yes a windlass is easily mounted on your 60 using a good backing plate and yes the bow roller would work fine...
  6. hseddiqi

hseddiqi New Member

Thanks guys for the fedback. I emailed CD PIner from Hatteras and im just waiting for his opinion; im facing another issue with my VEI display unit i think the LCD screen is gone so this probably means replacement of the unit. Could there be any suggestions ? If i need to replace it then ill be looking for Furuno MU155C or is there any recommendations here ?

I need a few parts from Furuno other than the screen:

OLD code 000-144-645 NEW code 000-171-975

They are out of stock in Dubai and need six months to order :D any dealers you know of that can help ?
  7. thebighawk

thebighawk New Member

Parts

000-171-975. Retainer ring and trackball. $90.00 available in Md. office.
    You can PM for more info