Click for Burger Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Glendinning

Need delivery crew FL to Nassau, July

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by Norseman, Jun 25, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

This one..?

Tropical Storm CRISTOBAL..?

He should not be a problem.

AT 800 PM EDT...0000Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM CRISTOBAL WAS
    LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 33.2 NORTH...LONGITUDE 77.8 WEST OR ABOUT 130
    MILES...210 KM...EAST OF CHARLESTON SOUTH CAROLINA AND ABOUT 185
    MILES...300 KM...SOUTHWEST OF CAPE HATTERAS NORTH CAROLINA.

North of us.
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

1) If I wasn't your buddy I'd be e-mailing your neighbor with an offer of free paint and a business proposition.:D
    2) "CRISTOBAL"? Last time I looked he just had a number. Uh-OH! Need I remind you how many of these storms get into an eddy below Hattaras and shoot back down the coast.:eek:
    Just convince your neighbor that he's going to die on this transport anyway so he might as well make an adventure out of it.:D
  3. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Aye Gentlemen, tomorrow is the day:

The 24th of July @ noon that thing will cast dock lines and move out of my sight forever. We will buy yellow label French clicqo Champagne and I will be so happy I will pie in my pants and cry in my class.:D

Will try to take a few pics and if other local guys get this note in time, pull out your video cameras just to film the facial expressions of people meeting this monster for the first time when it goes down the river and out of Port Everglades...Hopefully the marine police and the USCG will not hassle them or stop the voyage from happening.:(

Crossing my fingers that nothing will go wrong tomorrow and will pray to Odin and to the Devil that this p.o.s. will never come back to haunt me, my family, my dog, my boat and my neighborhood...:D :D :D
  4. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Ooops, too late, but ya can reach him in the Bahamas...Perhaps you want to set up mass production of that boat..? :D

Nah, the Gods are not that angry at me..I have been good, I swear...:cool:

Told him this would be perfect trip, the weather is beatiful, the ship is sound and Bimini is full of lusty maidens and free rum...If he goes down, it will be with a smile on his face..:)
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Norseman,
    My non-sadistic side hates to tell you this, but have you looked out your back door lately. I just pulled up the radar and that hurricane in Texas is pulling feeder bands all the way from the Bahamas and you've got major C by Lake O. This is going to be one sleepless night for you.:eek: BTW, no joke...look. Sorry and good luck. I'll be waiting with baited breath for tomorrows post.:cool:
  6. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Aye, they are running a day late, but now is the time..A few more minuttes and the thing will be gone...

Fresh picture shot 5 minuttes ago..

Attached Files:

7. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Sweet mother of Jesus...It is gone.

Attached Files:

8. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

I didn't think that thing could be uglier than in the first picture you posted. I stand corrected. :p :eek:

Good idea bringing a whaler and an inflatable as he might need them!
  9. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!:)
  10. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

I always thought you put the better looking side of the ship along the pier. That's what the old navy guys did when they came to port, painted the side that the admiral would see.
    Glad to see that old floater move. Good luck Capt.
  11. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Thanks Gents.

The thing made it down the New River and last time I was in contact, they were waiting for the 17th Street bridge opening, that would be the 15:00 opening.

Hoping they are in Bahamian waters right now.

Either way, I have a warm and fuzzy feeling in my chest...:D

Neighbors complained so the other side got a coat of paint (house paint) once
    every 4 or 5 years, the side facing the dock got nothing..:rolleyes:

Yup, you were wrong...:(

Lets all tip the cup and drink a toast to the ugly beast being gone...Long live the beast....:cool:
  12. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

You're a lucky man Norseman because if she'd gotten to the end of the canal and turned back you'd have heard my sadistic side laughing from here. Now, assuming he makes it to the destination alive do you know what he intends to replace it with:rolleyes: :eek: :D
  13. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Nothing for now.
    I found him a Tayana 37 that will be renting his dock for the rest of the year.
    Hoping he will give up boating altogether and take up golf or something.:rolleyes:

Let me know if anybody sees the boat out there, can't miss it: A classic case of design, maintenance and persoanal taste gone horrible wrong...:confused:
  14. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

The big ugly boat arrived Bimini this morning @ 0600...Allah is Great...;)
  15. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

Now as long as the new owner accepts delivery and doesn't say "take it back..." ;)
  16. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I highly doubt that THAT thing would make it back. I would have more faith taking the dinghy back. hehehe
  17. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Well, not a happy ending to the story.....

The new owner did accept the boat and him and the old owner toodled around Bimini for a few days..Then Thursday evening they attempted to enter Bimini harbout again to tie up and get some stuff. Instead they hit a marker at the entrance and cracked/crushed and destroyed the entire Starboard side, including a huge gash under the water line..They almost sank, but made it to Weeches Marina and tied up then threw a collision mat over the side to slow down the leak.

The boat is now under repair at the dock and a haul-out in Nassau or Freeport will be arranged as soon as the boat can limp over there...:(

I was over in Bimini on my own boat for a few days of R&R and met the new owner. Poor guy, I felt sorry for him, at the same time I am happy the thing is out of my life for good...;)
  18. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

It sounds like the new and old owners are well met.:eek: Can you get me the e-mail address of these guys. I think you really miss it, and I like you so I've decided I want to buy this boat. (AS IS) I've decided I'll even pay a premium, but only if the old owner will give me free dockage for awhile. I'm thinking lilac for a hull color.:p
  19. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Thanks for thinking of me, but to make sure I never see the boat again I will have my friend Tony Soprano come and say hello to you...:eek: :D
  20. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

i guess the nice thing about ferrocement is that you cna patch that up just about anywhere... cement should be easier to find than epoxy...

at least since they crushed the STBD side, they'll have to paint that one too...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.