Click for Westport Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Abeking Click for JetForums Click for Nordhavn

Need delivery crew FL to Nassau, July

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by Norseman, Jun 25, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Pascal,
    That's no problem. If the owner (cross the canal neighbor) or some foolish captain is moving it the only thing that matters is that it clears the end of the canal. Right Norseman.;)
  2. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

You should be crossing your fingers he doesn't fall in love with it all over again!
  3. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Bingo, we have a winner....Just clear the end of the canal and it will be out of my sigth forever.:p

You know that has crossed my mind too..What if the trip is perfect and the weather beatiful and all the moons and stars are aligned and he says, nah, this is worth more than 15K to me, I'll keep it, and paint it green and purple when paint is on sale at the local Home Depot...:D :D :D
  4. HiSeasYacht

HiSeasYacht New Member

fll to nassau

which Isle in the citrus isles neighborhood is the vessel moored, and does the dingy have a working outboard motor???? and I would assume she draws less then 6ft.....
  5. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Between Avocado and Guava, yes on outobard for the dink, 6.5 feet draft.
  6. HiSeasYacht

HiSeasYacht New Member

Go talk to Dan on mandarin I dont know his house # exactly but it is 2 houses east of 1005 mandarin Isle, My old house I sold in 2004, Im sure he and his wife would enjoy a weekend in Nassau? or is it bimini now! If nassau I would assume the delivery is not @ Atlantis but across the bridge on Nassau Not Paradise Island
  7. HiSeasYacht

HiSeasYacht New Member

PS I thought Norseman went out of business, I remember going up to Rybovich when the owner left with all the cash and helping them out with some masts,Electrical/electronics of course....Remember the S/V OZ in 1999, as well as the 2 guys from DC who originally started AOL???
    Mike Jones
  8. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Hopefully it's at least the New River. Everything after that is a ?, a hope and a prayer.;)
  9. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Huh...?

Not this Norseman and yours truly is the real thing..(Made in Norway)

I have disconnected reverse gear (astern) and the thing is too big to turn in the canal...One-way ticket to Bimini..Hasta La Vista Baby...:D
  10. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

You've got a good sense of humor Norseman.:D
  11. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Ha-ha, ya are right..To look at the ferro gin-palace every day for 10 years you got to have a sense og humor, or go and kill yourself..:(

Good news is that the boat is moving in a few days my view will be much better..To top the above would be to run the Miss Teen Bikini contest in my back yard...Crossing my fingers..:D
  12. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Let us know when it actually happens. Your neighbor could have a better (crueler) sense of humor than you and get out the purple paint instead on move day.:eek:
    Seriously though, I remember what the current in that river can be like and how small it could get with the JQ or another large yacht moving to the yards upriver. With what's sure to be underneath that boat she's going to turn like I don't know what. That bend at little Florida and the one at Riverwalk could be real interesting. I've a feeling it could make for some real interesting video.;)
  13. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Your'e right, it could be interesting videos down the New River.

I just talked to the present owner about that 1/2 hour ago.
    I always advocate slack tide, but going down the River there is a natural flow behind that has nothing to do with Tidal Currents so even Slack Tide could be a "Tail Wind".

Not a problem with all these big yachts with twin screws and bow/stern trusters and all that..A single screw sail boat going the wrong way at the wrong time could indeed make a juicy YouTube video....;)
  14. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

dont' count your blessings about the view... there are many ugly boats out there. what if he rents the dock to a Wedding Cake boat?
  15. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Ha-ha, ya give me a warm and fuzzy feeling as I just rented his dock to a Tayana 37 sloop.

Small world but I thought along the same lines and no Wedding-Cake boat in my back yard..Rather the Swedish Bikini Team...:D
  16. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

He is going to take it over to Bimini to scuttle it next to the concrete freightor that is half broken up over there!!!!!!!!!
  17. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

a) First it has to get there Capt. J.
    b) Hate to burst your bubble about it moving out in a few days Norseman, but did you see what's spinning off the Ga. coast?:(
  18. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Uh..no..Is that old Bertha coming back the wrong way..?

Or a new one?

(Don't do this to me, I have dealt with every 'cane around here for the last 10 years and been responsible for 5 or 6 boats every time, from 92' power yacths to 41' sailboats...Don't need no more early season hurricanes, or any hurricanes.)
  19. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

It's a new one.:eek: One day I may bore you with my Andrew story. Suffice to say my tour boat was the last boat off A1A and the first one back, and some fool tourist wanted to know if we could take him waterskiing w/ 1/2 of F.L. floating in the ICW the next day.
  20. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Ya be bad news...Gonne take ya off my buddy-list..:eek:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.