Click for Furuno Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder Click for Mag Bay Click for Cross

My new-to-me 1981 42

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by shore thing, May 30, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. shawn

shawn New Member

Hi: All I know she was in Montauk NY at Star Island Yacht Club for years. She was fished all the time inshore or offshore. I fished in tournaments and the boat was always in it. He won several tournaments through the years, or took 2nd and third. I do not know about any tuna record. He was a nice guy we spoke many times about are boats. He was always asking me what I did on my boat. He fished it hard but he kept it in good shape.

Then for several years she sat in Greenport NY at Sterling Harbor in the water and it was not taken care of. Then I saw Boscola had the listing on the boat. Boscola is a snake oil salesmen he screwed a friend of mine that bought a 43 Post from him. Last I saw the boat it was on the hard in Greenport in a shipyard and it was a mess.

I am glad it has a new home hate to see Posts run out. I have rebuilt two of them from top to bottom there great boats. Keep in touch

Shawn