Click for Nordhavn Click for Delta Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking

My new Fairline Squadron 78 in the build

Discussion in 'Fairline Yacht' started by T.K., Oct 3, 2007.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

It is lovely Tarek, I like how the leathered furniture is raised off the floor. The veneer is nice too, what wood is it? The headroom throughout in the pics is good. Do you have any photos of that aft suite with the aft window you were talking about?
  2. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

The wood is glossy walnut.

I only have a picture of the entrance to the aft cabin, but I can ask Fairline to send me a picture of the interior of that cabin.

Attached Files:

3. Yacht News

Almost like a secret passage:) Very nice boat though from the photos you posted, I like what Fairline is doing with the regeneration of their existent models.
  4. capngazza

capngazza New Member

Storage

Please be aware that as storage is at a premium on these types of yacht the raised furniture may look ok but wastes vital storage potential which becomes apparent as you get into the season!!
  5. Francois

Francois New Member

TK,

I think the boat looks awesome.The pilot house is well designed ,all toys close by.Very nice all round.

The interior is well planned and the glass semi bulkheads seems to give it more room.You can see the attention to detail everywhere.They did a nice job.

Do they have an option say for a lighter veneered interior ?

Francois
  6. Yacht News

...but wouldn't this be a personal configuration? 'When you get into season?' What do you mean? Am I to assume you mean charter season? or when the vessel is fully broken in?
  7. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

The interior can also be finished in a satin white oak.
  8. Francois

Francois New Member

Thank you Tk ,

Still like the walnut :cool:

Enjoy the new boat .

Been busy with an old wooden boat here and its been a bad year for me hope next year will be a better one.

Take care

Francois
  9. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Umm.. bit of a strange thing to say. On this type of boat, the 'season' normally involves Kids.

Kids. Loads of the little swine.

Have you seen how much stuff they need these days? Wii mats, ski vests, My Little Pony/Barnyard/Zoo/Aquarium.

You need to store all this crud somewhere because they never remember to take it home with them.

I'm not a Dad myself but I do understand the fun of cruising with kids, a great education for them.

'Stuff' makes its own home and space and stays there. It always goes back where it came from, 'cos that's its home.
  10. capngazza

capngazza New Member

Storage

Interior is very nice to look at, and if yacht is used for up to a week at a time with max 6 guests, the storage should be adequate, however, when getting up to 10 guests with 3 crew and doing over 10 day + cruises, as we do, space is at a premium. We are getting bench seating fitted instead, so as to gain the extra space.
  11. eloyex

eloyex Member

I have a phantom 50' and they are very very good boats ........