Click for Mulder Click for JetForums Click for Mag Bay Click for YF Listing Service Click for YF Listing Service

Mustang Marine Flybridge Models

Discussion in 'General Sportfish Discussion' started by HKT Horizon, May 6, 2007.

1. HKT Horizon

HKT Horizon New Member

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd use the wealth of knowledge and experience on this forum.

Do any of you guys know much about Mustang Marine in Australia? They're quite well known for sport cruisers in the 28 to 46 feet range. Recently they added to their lineup a flybridge model from 37 to 43 feet which are sportfisher models. What they did was they bought over Oliver Marine which is another Australian builder of Sportfishers.

My question is do any of you have any knowledge of Oliver Marine's boats either before or after they are bought over by Mustang? Quality, workmanship, engineering, their reputation in the industry etc. etc.

I'm quite interested in this range and it seems like a good competition to Riviera.

Thanks in advance for your input. Cheers.
  2. HKT Horizon

HKT Horizon New Member

Hi,

No takers here? There must be at least someone here with some idea. Any input would help. Here's their website by the way. www.mustangmarine.com.au

Thanks again.
  3. Jorge Lang

Jorge Lang Senior Member

HKT,

I will be heading to Brisbane for the Sanctuary Cove Show next week. We have a number of customers there and we will be visitng various builders including Mustang. If you can hold off for a few weeks, I can respond to you from first hand knowledge.
  4. HKT Horizon

HKT Horizon New Member

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for your response. I will also be going to Sanctuary Cove next week to have a look at Mustang and others. Maybe we can catch up there to get to know each other?

I just wanted to see if there is anyone here that can give some personal opinion and knowledge.

Thanks and let me know if you want to catch up at the show.
  5. Blair

Blair New Member

Mustang Sports Fishers

Hi,

I think you will find that Mustang purchased moulds and rights to Olliver Marine's range of boats. These were manufactured in Tauranga, New Zealand (not Australia) previously. Mustang did some redesign to offer more beam(?) and somewhat different interiors as I recall. Olliver Marine always had a good reputation and there is no reason why the Mustang range should be of lesser construction quality.
  6. woody_wing

woody_wing New Member

Does anybody know Mustang is selling some old moulds?

Any experienced marine engineer in Auz is interested in being a consultant to inspect those moulds. Pls email me for you rate and term. Thanks