Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mag Bay Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn

Multiple boat surveys?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Bcstexas, Oct 21, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Sometimes these things just happen on survey day. The generator may have been working fine the day before. I had a yacht I managed for several years, open checkbook, and just ran the boat back from the Exumas that we did a 2 week (800NM) trip with, with owners and zero issues. Seatrial and survey was scheduled for 3 days after we got back. Boat was 7 years old. On the way back from Nassau, was a little rough so used the owners head crossing the gulf stream with about 35 NM's left to go, well the fill solenoid didn't shut off and it flooded the master stateroom carpet with fresh water, (first lost AC power to the entire boat, tripping the GFCI for the entire boat because water hit outlet just above carpet at the rear of the stateroom and I noticed the water gauge was reading almost empty.....ran down there and was 4" water on the entire floor...........had a yacht carpet cleaning company waiting on the dock as we pulled in.....to dry it..........then on the seatrial, it broke a weld on one of the exhaust support uprights coming out of the inlet, then on the seatrial at full throttle ,blew an exhaust gasket between the heads and exhaust manifold on one engine........and something else happened which I can't remember........yet we just did a 14 day trip and 800nm's without having a single issue.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Ship Happens
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

If that's it then the answer from the seller should be let me get it fixed and then we'll talk. The alternative would be let me deduct the price of a new gen.