Click for Glendinning Click for Northern Lights Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Abeking

moving my 35' 1958 roamer myself

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by wrenches74, Nov 1, 2009.

1. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Man you had more boat and trailer than truck. Gotta love that Ford duelly. Congratualation on a safe move. Guess we know where all your free time and money will be going for awhile. Document what you do. One day the pics will be as valued as the cool stuff you got from the previous owner. Congrats again.
  2. kumagan

kumagan New Member

Very impressed! Nice project and a job well done. this will keep you busy for several years. Good luck, Mike
  3. wrenches74

wrenches74 New Member

thank you

thank you, everyone for all the good advice and well-wishing....i could not have done it without my good friend, Lee and my brother-in-law, Mike....and of course, my loving wife, Mary Kay!...as it is, at re-launching (in a few years) "Dowager" will be re-christined the "Mary Katherine"....now, anyone ....tell me something......why is it that i feel like Mr Hohner ( the orig owner)is watching me in the boat?.....i know this sounds corny, and kind of spooky.....but i feel like every time i get onboard, he's there......anyone else have these feelings on their old roamer?????
  4. q240z

q240z New Member

The Japanese have an expression -- There's nothing more expensive than something that was free. lol

Good job on the move and the de-junking. The fact that the boat was in a barn should prove to be a real plus. Keep the pix coming!
  5. Travlinman1352

Travlinman1352 Member

Congratulations!

Great job by you and family. I am just wondering about the future Mary Kay.....are you gonna paint her PINK (like the cosmetic cars)...LOL. Sorry for my sick humor. Good luck on the restoration.
    In regards to the previous owner watching you. He is there to help guide you, after all it was his and he put a lot of his heart and soul into it....just like you will. He has turned over the Captains duties to you......think of him now as the Navigator. "Part of the Crew, Part of the Ship" Good Luck and God's Speed.
  6. wrenches74

wrenches74 New Member

Pink?????

Naah, my wife prefers black....but i won't paint the boat black, either!!!....She gets a lot of the Mary-Kay humor.....lol.....part of the crew....part of the ship....guess that means mark me down for a haunting when i go????....lol:)