Click for Furuno Click for Mulder Click for Perko Click for Westport Click for Abeking

Motoryacht "Cassiopeia" from Holland Jachtbouw

Discussion in 'Holland Jachtbouw Yacht' started by YachtForums, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

HOLLAND JACHTBOUW LAUNCHES CLASSIC "CASSIOPEIA"
    32 meter Langan design is shipyard’s first motoryacht project​

Zaandam, The Netherlands: It is with special pride that Holland Jachtbouw announces the launching of the 32.09-meter Cassiopeia, the shipyard’s first-ever motoryacht. Cassiopeia is designed for an American client, in the classic American manner, by the noted American naval architect Bill Langan of Langan Design Associates, Inc., Newport, Rhode Island.

The client’s brief to Langan called for a handsome motoryacht capable of high performance. In answering the brief, the designer drew a modern chined, semi-displacement hullform. Cassiopeia will plane at a top speed of 27 knots.

From top to bottom, Cassiopeia is all efficiency. Her top deck features a flying bridge and sunbathing area, with tender stowage and crane. On the main deck the dining room and galley are set forward, the saloon is aft. They are separated by a half-deck pilothouse, which opens on a protected afterdeck lounge. Below, the midships accommodations consist of a full-beam master suite and two double guest staterooms, served by a single stairway. Forward are quarters for four professional crew. The remaining hull aft is given to a lazarette large enough for two personal watercraft and other essential toys.

The designers made this efficient general arrangement possible by setting the engine room aft, and using V-drives on the main engines to shorten it fore-and aft. This allowed a greater portion of the interior volume to be dedicated to the accommodations. It also optimized weight distribution to assure proper planing trim, and isolated the machinery from the accommodations to reduce noise and vibration transmission into guest areas.

The interior styling, also by Langan, consists of timelessly elegant varnished teak joinery, highlighted by appropriately nautical custom brass fixtures. Nigel Ingram of Marine Construction Management was the owner’s representative. The all-aluminum yacht is classed ABS X A1 Yachting Service AMS and will comply with MCA regulations for large commercial vessels.

For information contact:

Holland Jachtbouw
    Vredeweg 32b, 1505 HH,
    Zaandam, The Netherlands.
    Tel: +31 (0)75 614 9133
    Fax: +31 (0)75 614 9135
    e-mail: avdlinde@hollandjachtbouw.nl

"Cassiopeia" Specifications

Length Overall.........................32.09 meters
    Length Waterline.....................27.20 meters
    Beam Overall...........................6.84 meters
    Draft Maximum........................1.93 meters
    Displacement approx..............104 tonnes
    Construction Material..............Aluminium hull and superstructure
    Certification.............................ABS X A1 Yachting Service AMS
    MCA compliance large commercial vessels
    Propulsion...............................Twin DDC/MTU 16V-2000 M90 diesels 1800 bhp

Attached Files:

2. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Line Drawings

She's a beaut! :p

Attached Files:

3. YachtForums

I hope it makes it to the used market one day and I have the financial means... :)
  4. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Isn´t there an old Burger called Houssam or Hassam or something like that, which has been up for sale and look very much the same as the new Dutchman?
  5. YachtForums

I'm sure there is. If you didn't know any better, you could easily mistake this for a Burger... until you look beneath the waterline.
  6. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

She was on my hard drive... :) and was called Mary Lauren, an 87´Burger which I think was originally called Houssam and had Monaco as home port. Probably the reason for her walkaroud decks, which I think is nicer as well. At least here in Europe where we almost never can moor alongside.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.