Click for Delta Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for Westport Click for Perko

More Covid 19

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by Capt Ralph, Mar 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wdrzal

wdrzal Senior Member

I did some quick math in my head last week...…….In Italy ~ 160 people per million died...…..In the USA ~ 2 people per million died.
    It all about how you present the facts. Besides I'm an eternal optimist.

My biggest concern is that it isn't going to die off once summer is here. IIRC my geography its been summer for the last 3 months in the southern hemisphere.

I agree with olderboaters post above, its the medical community & scientists that are going to save are collective butts.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

And not the politicians who lie for a living.
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Please. Enough with the revisionist history and alternative facts. It doesn't work when we watch the lips move and hear the words spoken.
  4. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

let me guess. You heard that on CNN?
  5. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

like those who insisted on putting billions of dollars on the C19 bill for irrelevant crap like the Kennedy center, Africa development, PBS and more pork that had nothing to do with the C19 ?
  6. motoryachtlover

motoryachtlover Senior Member

Yes of course we need to consider the advice of the medical experts and scientists. Can we also consider the advice of economists and business people. I understand both sides of the argument but, I believe that Americans are so used to having there cake and eating it to. We don’t seem to understand that sometimes resources are limited and with that comes very hard choices. Right now it seems that anyone that raises the issue of a cost benefit analysis of life verses the economy are shouted down. But look at Triage (the analogy is not perfect). We recognize that there are times when we don’t have the resources (time, medicine, etc) to heal everyone that is suffering. So we implement triage where we chose who to treat based on who we believe most likely to survive with the resources that we have. I firmly believe that 3 more months of shut down will result in economic collapse and with economic collapse comes societal collapse. So i am 55 and have some risk factors but yet I think that America should be getting on its economic feet by no later than 6/1. I would like the next generation to have a shot at the life I have had. If we have societal collapse it not going to be like it was in the Great Depression with people waiting in lines for food and accepting it. Today’s America will become violent and lawless. In Washington state (I think) I have already seen a video of a couple openly shoplifting in a Walgreens because the local gov’t announced that they weren’t going to be making arrests And the situation is not even close to collapse at this point. My point is how many people will die/suffer if we allow the economy to collapse so as to save 1-2% of the population. I very hard dilemma but one I think needs to be debated. I believe all the experts agree this is not a mass extinction event. In addition to that there is now credible information coming out that the WHO and other experts on virology have vastly overstated the death rate and 1 is now walking his Armageddon scenario back as his dated predictions have fallen far short. In short I think we should close down for a period of time but after that we got to get back to work as the cost is not payable. In 2-3 weeks we have almost 10 million in unemployed. I don’t pretend to have the answers but can we atleast have the debate in a civil fashion. I don’t mean you OB, I mean us as a nation.
  7. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Good news and hope is cool. Morgan & Morgan will clean up the funds with just one side issue.
    F****ng ambulance chasing lawyers....
    When the world gains it's next breath, The money vampires; F****ng ambulance chasing lawyers will gain better than stocks. I'd like to classify them as terrorist now, don't care if infected or not, they will be the next frontier.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  8. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I assume that you coordinated that date with the virus and it agreed? All the money in the world means nothing to a dead man. If there's 10 cents left in the federal budget it has to be used to keep people alive. Only when this virus is defeated can we be concerned about the economy.
  9. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Just missed your post by seconds.
    If 10 cents left; lawyers will fight with politicians over it.
  10. rtrafford

rtrafford Senior Member

What the heck are you smoking? Revisionist history? In what context? Wait, really....I said, when the media tells you something, son't buy it before going and researching it. You respond with revisionist history twerk? The f is wrong with you?

Hoax. POTUS (posted in this manner as to avoid a trigger) states that the politics coming from this crisis is a hoax, media spins it into POTUS says COVID is a hoax, and folks (like you) regurgitate it. Much like Charlotsville when media says POTUS said the white supremists in the organized march were good folks, yet he never said that. Biden announces his campaign as this being his sole motive, Charlottsville. Yet POTUS is the one lying?

Go do some **** research before regurgitation Don Lemon and Fredo. If you want to have a conversation on the facts, that is easily possible, but it requires you disarming your machete before entering the room to discuss. Humility and open mindedness are mandated. Otherwise, don't go there. Just don't.
  11. rtrafford

rtrafford Senior Member

Economy can't wait, despite the virus. The supply chain is already buckling. Mayhem will ensue. But in the event Wolf Blitzer hasn't told you, there is a path forward that does both, respect the virus while also getting productivity cranked back up.
  12. rtrafford

rtrafford Senior Member

If there is 10 cents left, who gets to eat the nickel, who is forced to survive on the five pennies?
  13. rtrafford

rtrafford Senior Member

Go convince them there is a negligence and reckless endangerment case in the Wuhan wet markets. Send all attorneys to China.
  14. rtrafford

rtrafford Senior Member

Factor in the following: WHO reports as late as January 21 that the virus cannot be transmitted between humans not displaying symptoms. China is dramatically suppressing information and data and refusing cooperation with outside governments while systematically removing masses of people from the epicenter of the event, relocating them to other parts of the country (in theory). At the same time there is a mass immigration of folks from the general area into the US fleeing chaos in Wuhan plus chaos in Hon Kong. Estimates, 1mm people. Within a few days POTUS shuts down travel (more or less) and is wildly ridiculed by the media and politicians as being racist.

This whole thing allegedly began in Wuhan only at some point in November or December, still being analyzed. Exactly how were we "slow"? In early February politicians within the early epicenters within our own country were downplaying the issue and covering for China.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.