Click for Nordhavn Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder Click for Perko Click for Walker

More Covid 19

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by Capt Ralph, Mar 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

Ralph- what's an SFB?
  2. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Nah, humanity...
    Of course the pax and the cruise line made the wrong decision and they should hang for it.
    If we can help, should we, or should we not?
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

An acronym for someone who has fecal matter instead of cerebral matter.
  4. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

In text speak it's s...for brains
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Anyone on a yacht, maybe in the Med, could find themselves refused port entry in the coming months if/as panic sets in. Especially if not flagged in the country they want to enter. With limited fuel capacity what will happen then? What will happen here if boats transporting north this spring find the fuel docks in NJ and NY closed?

Can we expect minimum wage fuel dock workers to take those jobs this summer leaving themselves and their families exposed? In fact minimum wage workers in any field. Work one week, catch the virus and spend the next 2 or 3 weeks in hell, come out to quarantine and facing tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills with no insurance, then find no job waiting. Is the job worth it? Do we think the old and vulnerable business owners will take over those jobs and leave themselves exposed?
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  6. wdrzal

wdrzal Senior Member

7. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Before anybody gets their hopes up: “Testing in patients would typically require at least a year and probably longer,” Falo said. Then there's getting it out to the public. We still haven't gotten enough tests, PPE's or ventilators out to our medical professionals, much less just N-95 masks for the general public. So for those still alive in 2024 this might help.
  8. motoryachtlover

motoryachtlover Senior Member

I get being realistic but you seem to embrace the negative with no recognition of possible positive outcomes. For those of you who wish to wallow in doomsday have at it. I am preparing for the worst actually bought more bullets. Going through a lot of business frustrations (to put it mildly). Trust me I am aware of how bad this could get. Can see it with my own eyes and it is not even here (VA) yet in big numbers. If you could speak to the country would you say “that might work for those who are still alive in 2024?” Would you stoke the fear that we already feel or would you try to strike a balance of warning and preparedness and hope? I get it. This is an emotional roller coaster, some days bring despair and hopelessness, some days bring some optimism. When I get to the weekends I try to shake it all off and cookout outside and interact with my wife, daughter, and dog. Just enjoy that moment of living and push the worries of the future out of your mind. Try to keep your head up atleast part of time.
  9. leeky

leeky Senior Member

Nicely said.
  10. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Oh please. Get real. Maybe you ve been landlocked too long. How the hell is anyone working a fuel dock get exposed ??? This is getting so silly.

hello... boats can dock at a fuel dock without assistance. They can pull the nozzle and fuel without coming within 10 feet of the poor minimum wage dock hand.

minimum wage ? Maybe cheap New Yorkers don’t tip but everytime i get fuel somewhere the fuel attendant gets a $20. That s hardly minimum wage.
  11. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Hello Ken
    Oh, you must have been working, again, again;
    **** For Brains.. Damm p c spell check. Lets try this;
    Ship For Brains.

Next clue, Failure (winner?) of the Darwin theorys.

Last clue;
    Walking dead man who just announced in the swamp he was just in from NYC.

Copy any?
  12. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Oh, da master of P C.
  13. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Better to be realistic than to tell people to go "fill the churches" and party cause it's a "Hoax" and will "disappear like a miracle" in a couple of weeks only to kill more people. Only realism has a hope of keeping people alive. The seriousness of this cannot be over estimated. Tell me about the vaccine when you've proved it's effective and are ready to give it to me. Till then it's just more pie in the sky optimism that will make people careless and kill them. The other day I was told that my cancer surgery scheduled for later this month won't be happening in the foreseeable future. Don't have a heart attack or be injured and expect a hospital to help you. They're too busy. FEMA just ordered up 100,000 body bags and our leaders said they will consider it a success if only 240,000 American die. The world you knew 6 months ago is gone. We're at war.
  14. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Sadly, even if it works, toes are crossed and waiting, for counter-reactions to happen / not happen.
    Nobody wants to give you a quick and H/A remedy that may grow a second nose off your face...

I was just asking Josie about Quinine the other night. Nope, not for us from it's side effects also.
  15. wdrzal

wdrzal Senior Member

I heard all the questions about rushed human trials and what about all the possible side effects ? What side effect could be worse than DEATH...………………… You could always get that second nose cut off and sell it!!!

An yes , just wanted to interject some good news and hope !
  16. RER

RER Senior Member

Is it your intention to continue to just bleed like an open wound on here? Really, it's just incessant griping. Anyone can do that. It has no value. Literally the only thing I found interesting is that apparently you visited a smoke shop wearing an N95 mask, which paints quite a mental picture.
  17. rtrafford

rtrafford Senior Member

Johnson & Johnson reported that they have one pretty much ready and will begin trials in short order. In humans before Fall.
  18. rtrafford

rtrafford Senior Member

The hoax is on those who believe the media telling you it was referenced as a hoax. Don't be lazy. If the media tells you something, go research it before buying in.
    Kevin likes this.
  19. motoryachtlover

motoryachtlover Senior Member

I sincerely wish you well on the cancer front. Did you think that hydroxichlorquin (??) was pie in the sky optimism. Bet you weren’t counting on us breaking the code of the virus in record time either. Realistic hope’s purpose is to keep society from panicking till we build up for the war. You use war as analogy so I will. In the beginning of WW2 things were looking very grim for the Allies (pearl harbor, Dunkirk, etc). But fortunately we had leaders that inspired us to get to work and hope for a turnaround. Lo and behold the Allies kept their heads up and kept fighting and emerged victorious. I don’t want to pile on but I am **** glad your are not in a position of influence. Your pessimism is as contagious to some as Covid. If we are at war I want you no where near my foxhole. I also remember prior to the Gulf War that the press reported that the Pentagon ordered a large number of body bags and the press went nuts with that. We know the outcome on that. I continue to believe in the American spirit of hope, optimism, and a can do spirit. Hopefully at the end of this your will feel the same.
  20. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

It was absolutely referenced as a hoax and it was said "just one guy from China" and "it will be done and over". The danger of that was we delayed taking steps. Now, talking optimism and pessimism, 100,000-240,000 deaths is optimism and based on sheltering in place in all parts of the country, which isn't being done. The pessimistic numbers are in the millions. We need to listen to the medical experts and scientists.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.