Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn Click for Walker Click for Cross

Molded spreader lights. Source?

Discussion in 'General Sportfish Discussion' started by CTdave, Nov 14, 2016.

1. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Hi all.
    I've been hunting with no luck for a pair of spreader lights for my Hatteras Sport fish. I need to replace the old style aluminum halogen lights which are rectangular & very "boxy". I've seen boats with lights molded into the rear/underside of the hardtop but I recall seeing aftermarket lights that have fiberglass housings which from a distance, look like their molded into the hardtop.
    I could custom fabricate a pair but it's obviously going to take some time. Anyone know who makes these?

Best,
    DD
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Like these? I just pulled a pair as I replaced them with small LED floods which don't require to be hidden due to their small size. Going to use the holes for speakers.

If that s what you re looking for, make an offer. Was going to throw them on Craig list They need new lexan covers (easy to cut)

Attached Files:

3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

No I think he wants the ones that mount on a flat surface (not recessed). I know what you're looking for but don't know who makes them. Call Pipewelders in Fort Lauderdale as they used to use what you're looking for on their hardtops and would know the source.
  4. Prospective

Prospective Senior Member

Please keep the thread posted if you find them. I've looked also with no luck...
  5. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Thanks Pascal but Capt. J is right. I'm looking for the ones that mount on the flat underside of the hard top which is only about 1" thick. I'd like to get the molded look, kinda like yours but inverted.
    This is the type of light I have now (in white)

Attached Files:

• AA.jpg
      AA.jpg
      File size:
      19.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  6. Maxwell

Maxwell Senior Member

7. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Here's something I just found by Attwood. My concern would be the brightness as compared to my existing 24v halogens and I can't tell if the light angle would be enough to aim just aft of the cockpit (into the water). I would prefer white fiberglass & more of a rectangular design but this might be a good option. What are your thoughts on brightness?
    From the description:
    Compared to its 55-watt halogen competition, the Attwood LED Docking Light draws a fraction of the power while producing a brighter output, 5 watts at 12VDC each. The Attwood product also transmits light in a much broader pattern as opposed to a narrow beam generated by today’s competitors.

At less than 1" in thickness, the lights are designed to be mounted directly to the surface of the hull. With only a small hole for wiring and 5 screws for attachment.

Dimensions: 4-1/8" H x 8-1/8" W x 3/4" D

AAA1.jpg
  8. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

9. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

I found a place in NJ who sells several different styles. There not cheap (estimate $1000-$1400) but it depends on what lights (you supply) you want to use. I'll keep working on it & will hopefully post some photos of the operation!

Attached Files:

10. shawn

shawn New Member

Is this the Dave that a 42 Post years ago.

Shawn
  11. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Hey Shawn, yes it's me! As I recall, you has a 42 as well? The name is on the tip of my tongue....Something Fishy?
  12. shawn

shawn New Member

Hi Dave: It's me and still have the Post. You have a good memory Something fishy. Last I remember you had the 50 Bert do you still have it? I have the Post in Westerly RI and was along side your old one until Mike passed.
  13. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

I recently put in a pair of lunitech led floods to replace the halogens in th ceased box. they're about 1" tall and 4 " wide, very low profile, no need to mount them in any box and they are very bright.