Click for Nordhavn Click for Delta Click for Abeking Click for Glendinning Click for Mag Bay

Model of Le Fleuron 1729

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by CODOG, Apr 15, 2011.

1. CODOG

CODOG Senior Member

My latest project. However, this one has no deadlines, no schedule. No one riding my back, and if I mess up I can relax, have a cup of tea, and do it again.
    Its therapy in wood form. A real antidote to the working week.
    I'm building her from scratch...just from a set of plans and a plank of pear.
    She's an 18th century French 64 gun man of war. I'm guessing she will be an eight year build. When fully rigged, she will be about 5 feet long, 18 inches wide and 5 feet high. I'll post the odd progress update every now and again if anyones interested.

Attached Files:

2. CODOG

CODOG Senior Member

These pics bring her up to date.

Attached Files:

3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

So this is where you've been. Welcome back CODOG! I see you bought a lumbar yard. ;)

I've walked the same plank. Bought a Chris Craft Cobra made by Dumas many years ago. Never finished it. Ended up donating it to the local landfill.

Good luck! Look forward to updates.
  4. CODOG

CODOG Senior Member

Hi Carl, shame you never finished her, but it really is hard to find free time isn't it ? If I told my wife how long I think this one will take me, I doubt I'd be allowed to carry on in the living room. At the moment she's giving me a wee bit of latitude...she knows how crabby and strung out I am when I get home and how calm I become after a couple of minutes of whittling. I may never finish her either, but man its addictive.