Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn

Millennium 140' Video!

Discussion in 'Millennium Yacht' started by YachtForums, May 4, 2006.

1. Talon

Talon Senior Member

MBACH - Can't wait to see the new pics.

She did not finish her refit on expected date then (16th May) any problems?

Jay - Talon:)
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Apologies guys! In re-reading this thread, I failed to answer some questions. Trying to juggle lines and balance a fender on my head… I often get side tracked.

Passing some stationary objects would have been a good reference, but this would not have been a good indicator of the M-140’s true speed, because it wasn’t running WOT. The video showcases her cruising speed, which by any measure… is VERY impressive and best represents the intended purpose of the build. The primary protocol was for a much higher than normal cruise speed. Top speed was secondary, although an important element in marketing the boat.

On high speed turns… if you replay the video, you will see the M-140 actually IS making some turns. Remember… this is a 140’ luxury yacht, not an offshore performance boat. Can it turn tighter at high speeds? Yes. But why throw the china off the dining table?

This was one of the reasons for setting up the video function… to have some footage to accompany our feature reviews. It may be aerial running footage, or a brief walk-thru… depending on what’s available. Now that most of the YF’s code work is behind me, I’ll be able to spend more time on this. But please be patient. I’m just one guy… with 12 fingers. ;)

Two reasons why we WILL NOT have downloadable videos…

First: These videos belong to the builders. They are proprietary in nature and not meant for mass distribution.

Second: If our videos propagated the net, there would be no reason for people to come to YF. Result? We all loose.

There’s a few other reasons, but I’d prefer not to discuss the details. I’ll ask you to trust me… there’s a method to the madness!
  3. Talon

Talon Senior Member

Any news on TWINE's re-launch?
    All eager to see the change.

Jay - Talon
  4. MBACH

MBACH Senior Member

Sorry for the delay. TWINE has done initial Sea Trial. Here are a couple of views.

Attached Files:

5. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Thanks for the update Michael! She looks good.

The extended decks seem to balance the superstructure, while adding some useful square footage and covered deck space. This was probably the only accommodation lacking on the M-140 and I think this makes her a more complete package... hopefully more marketable too.

Way to go, Rybo!
  6. Talon

Talon Senior Member

Thanks for the images, all added to the TWINE catalogue.

Any likelyhood of internal pictures to the 2nd deck that had the work done?

Jay - Talon
  7. brandonw

brandonw Senior Member

At the FLIBS

Attached Files:

8. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

I should check on my comp when I get home... I think I have a similar angle shot from 2 years ago. ;)
  9. Francois

Francois New Member

I think this video is really awesome.Just looking at the arials bend gives you a good idea of her speed and man thoses jets can purr :cool:

Thanks
    Francois
  10. brandonw

brandonw Senior Member

Trying to figure these out... Anyone have any ideas?

Attached Files:

11. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Figure what out Brandon? The caps over the exhaust outlet? I'd assume that's to keep stuff out when not at sea.... birds, etc, wouldn't be so nice to have nesting in your turbines.

About two-thirds of the way down this page there's a pic of them open.
  12. brandonw

brandonw Senior Member

I didn't even think about that. Nice thinking Kevin!
  13. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Not to mention small children... :D
  14. YachtForum

YachtForum Publisher/Admin

Good eye Brandon. Kevin is right. These are exhaust caps and today was the first time I've seen them as well. I'm guessing Rybo made them during the refit. I'll ask Michael B when I catch up with him. The lines, edges, compound curves, fairing and paint work on the aft deck extensions looks excellent. If we didn't know this work had been done, it would be impossible to tell otherwise. Congrats to Rybo for a job well done.
  15. Talon

Talon Senior Member

They look like a nice carbon / kevlar shroud. so would take the heat after a shutdown.

I expect they are also their to stop stow-away journo's from hitching a ride.
    Or to stop people having a turbine barbie-Q in port.

Any further updates after the trials?

Jay - Talon
  16. MBACH

MBACH Senior Member

Boat showed up with these when they came back from New York.......as much as we would like to take credit, Zak and the boys are very proficient at providing for themselves!