Click for Nordhavn Click for JetForums Click for Abeking Click for Furuno Click for YF Listing Service

Mikelson 61 SF in Florida — Formerley BOHICA

Discussion in 'General Sportfish Discussion' started by luvtocruise, May 4, 2021.

1. luvtocruise

luvtocruise Member

I am going to go see this boat when I am in Florida in a couple weeks— Anybody know any history on it?
    I found old listings, it looks like it didnt sell or maybe it sold and sat— not sure trying to find out what I can so I know what her history is — sorry for the typos — sitting in a deer blind waiting on pigs to show up— fat fingers — small buttons
  2. ahoch

ahoch New Member

So did you check her out? What did you think?
  3. luvtocruise

luvtocruise Member

I did check her out— the boat had some wear and it looked like it was in the middle of a refit— kind of a mess inside to be honest. I know the boat has been on the market for a while— but there was stuff laying everywhere. I didn’t mind that much -but my wife discounted the boat immediately, she immediately looked at me and said “This looks like a project and I don’t want another project.” Basically she was done right there.
    In the end, I took her off my list, because she was not going to fit our mission — Great layout though, and the 3412’s are great power but much more than we need to slow boat it around the Caribbean for a couple of years. I really like the Nomad from the same builder.
  4. ahoch

ahoch New Member

Thanks for reply. I am also lusting for a Nomad, but this one is right across the state for me. I was wary about it based on the quality of, and lack of pictures. Who tries to sell a 60' yacht that way? I dont want a project either unless for a song. Good luck with your Nomad search.
  5. luvtocruise

luvtocruise Member

It is listed with a broker— BOHICA was the name from a while back - I don’t remember the name now— its listed with Jordan Bund is my understanding. The layout is similar to a Nomad — save the cockpit/mezzanine area. It is a bit of a project though, if your looking for pristine— this isn’t it. We ended up putting an offer in on another boat— we survey that boat on Tuesday morning. I still think I want a Nomad though. Lol
  6. ahoch

ahoch New Member

Good luck with the survey. What did you settle on?
  7. luvtocruise

luvtocruise Member

58 Sonship
  8. ahoch

ahoch New Member

nice, good luck and fair seas