Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mag Bay Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder

Mike Kajan Yacht Designs II

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by Kajan, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

I like the idea of mixing vintage with some more modern design so I decided to move the clock back some time on the hull design on my “borrowed” concept and at the same time move forward in time with the design of the super structure and have a more streamlined yet vintage overall appearance with only a few changes.

Attached Files:

2. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

While in the vintage mood, 80m with some classic touch.

Attached Files:

3. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

Happy new year to you all!

Attached Files:

4. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

Last version of this particular concept, I promise ;)

Attached Files:

5. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

The old 100m concept, slightly updated.

Attached Files:

6. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

I love the Falcon rig.

Great work Mike.
  7. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

Thanks, Scot!

Besides the added below surface part of the hull, by changing the bow, adding some details to the superstructure and using different shading, I think the concept feels very fresh and different from the one that I posted in March last year.
  8. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

51ft. ”Smooth Operator”

Attached Files:

9. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

90ft. A small contribution to a rather well covered segment.

Attached Files:

10. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

I find the canoe stern appealing from a design point of view so here is the previous 90ft. concept as a 95ft. canoe stern version with a touch of modern retro.

Attached Files:

11. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

Here we have the previous 95ft. concept downscaled to 72ft. and with a raised pilot house.

Attached Files:

12. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Always a thrill to check this thread for your latest incarnations. With a few more additions Mike, I'll include 'Kajan II' in another member mailer.
  13. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

Great job on that RPH, Mike. I think it looks fantastic.

As always, I can't wait to see more.
  14. Tender design

Hi Mike,

I always look with great pleasure at your designs as they fit a lot to my taste. Great job and hope to see many more from you.

Maybe you're willing to see what you can do in the 50' range but then sorta tender idea.

Long time I'm thinking if it is possible to combine in front good living area with master-room with good bathroom, kitchen, small guest-room, mid ship a covered but open "lounche" area to relax and dine and steer the boat and the aft low, open and flat, close to the water for swimming, relaxing and maybe even big game fishing seat option.

In other words a great weekender. With a 2 x 900 IPS would be fun.

Wally yachts as I hear a lot are more and more out now but still I think when we mix a USA fishing style hull with modern "super structure" it can be sellable. I'm even willing to build it when is really stunning. :D

You have some ideas?

Regards, William
  15. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

Thanks Guys!

William: I might have some ideas. I’ve already put the GA for the 52' sail boat “Smooth Operator” on hold as well as a large explorer Cat, and this weekend I went to the boat show in Helsinki, Finland so why not let them mature a while longer.

…to be continued ;)

/Mike
  16. Tender design

_____

I'll try now these days to make a very rough sketch what I mean. Will be little to laugh as my drawing abilities do not even come close to yours for sure but I can give it a shot to open the discussion and see where we can come up with.

Cheerio
  17. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

Without knowing any specific details, besides the ones in your brief description, I thought I should start out with this 52ft. concept.

I went for a more traditional hull with some fishing style flavor in combination with a carbon fiber hard top. The aft is flat and low with a folding negative stern and the lounge area is covered from the wind and sun. A twin IPS900 installation and of course, the big game fishing seat ;)

I’ll continue with the below accommodations in the GA.

Attached Files:

18. orion

orion Senior Member

Very nice lines!
  19. Weekender

________

Hi Kajan,

Yes sir.....great lines indeed.

Do you think the middle section is big enough for 10 people to sit around comfy table?

Do you think it is possible to build it full carbon and give it little more modern looks with keeping old school lines? Some Ferrari style air-intakes at the back?

The sunroof should be "never done before" style....huh? Good remark but I have no idea for it.

Till now you impress me a lot in so short time.

When is in full carbon, what do you think is the possible speed to reach?

Sorry for all the questions but you exited me a lot.
    :eek:
  20. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

William, I believe the mid section is large enough to keep 10 people seated and still have room for a stove/grill and then some. The “catch of today” should of course be dealt with topside as well.

Regarding speed, I’m not sure if the IPS900’s props are capable of more than 45 knots. If built in carbon, I think the props will set the limit if that´s the case. I’ll see if I can add some Ferrari flavour.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.