Click for Walker Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mag Bay Click for Westport

MIAMI Boat Show Pictures; February 2009

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by ivolga, Jan 15, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Lrgyot

Lrgyot Senior Member

its not self propelled, but it does just about everything else. I was lucky enough to be shown 'below deck' don't be thinking this stops at the waterline. It was built by the Lazzara guys themselves, so the quality is just as high as their yachts.
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Now there's something that I think those of us who haven't had the opportunity to visit would love. Anybody have inside pics or care to describe what it's about?
  3. Lrgyot

Lrgyot Senior Member

I don't think there are many pics of the downstairs around. They have an engine room, minus the engines, but full of generators, they don't have to use 'show power' they also have a full galley and dining area, media screening room, one bedroom, storage room, bathrooms and the tech room housing all the systems that are on board. I will speak to Rich Lazzara and see if I can share images on here.
  4. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

That alone sounds very cool. I look forward to anything else he may share. Thanks.
  5. Dan Evans

Dan Evans Senior Member

I would enjoy seeing more photos of the yacht engine rooms. I think one of my favorite so far is Kismets ER. Speaking of engines, anybody take a close look at that MTU display? I couldnt even imagine the tension on those cables...:eek:

Dan
  6. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Thanks for the pictures gentlemen.
  7. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

That Lazzara barge did at one time have engines, so I'm told. Saw a photo of her under her own power (hope the tug wasn't Photoshoped out).
    Here are some pics of the MTU tower. Guy who set it up said those are real blocks, with two of them flywheel ready and good to go. The top cross section lifts out taking the top two engines with it. The next is then lifted alone. Pretty cool.

Attached Files:

8. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

MTU lit up their engines at night, alternating colors.

Attached Files:

9. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

It's an attention grabber, but it's not as impressive as it seems. Heck, if they can spin a Ford truck in a centrafuge (TV commercial) why not. Of cource I doubt I'd be picnicing underneath them (or sitting inside that truck):D .
  10. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Tom I can't believe you swallowed the company line with that one
  11. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Sounded impressive. Must be missing a few pistons (me and the engines).
  12. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Great pics from the show Brandon, Manny and Capt Tom and others. Made people like me who can't be at the show feel like we were there...thanks!
  13. CaptEvan

CaptEvan Senior Member

Other Features

With the fabulous weather, there were other attractions abound. Capt.Tom may have captured a few which he could share?

And it was good to finally meet you Tom & Carl.
  14. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I think the tease of 6" spikes was on the other boat show thread. This one is just boats.:( You'd think this site was about.....Oh yeah, ...this is YACHTForums.:rolleyes: Nice shots guys!:D
  15. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Capt Evan, it was a pleasure meeting you too. Thanks for stopping us to say hello. Enjoy putting the faces to the member's names.

For the amount of time I spent at the show, I really didn't concentrate on shooting the boating vixens. I also don't think there were as many here as there were at FLIBS. Ho-hum, all work and no play.
    Alas, I did find one beauty as she was serving cocktails at the Bertram booth one afternoon.

Attached Files:

16. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

By the way, Brandon and Manny, nice shots. You did a great job with the photos. Covered many of the yachts that I shot too. I'll check to see if I have others to share.
  17. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Good to meet you too, Capt. Evan! Thanks for stopping us. Wish we had time to buy you a drink, but we were running late for a meeting at Marquis.

Tom, I've got materials in route. Will get the first batch in process next week. In the meantime, working through the weekend on Burger's To-Kalon. Will try to take live tomorrow afternoon.
  18. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Bertram's yachts are lookin' fine Tom;)
  19. CaptEvan

CaptEvan Senior Member

Alas, another suffering from healthy delamination;)