Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Northern Lights Click for Burger

Miami boat show 2013

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by ombreetsoleil, Jan 31, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

Maybe it isn't his date, but he used it with his date;)
    Has good video options too...................hahahahaha
  2. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Are you going to get ANY sunshine for the show?

I feel for you guys down in Fl, and in the boat business the last few years. If its not the economy, or the fuel prices, nature hasn't been too nice either the last few years.

Best of luck.
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

It all cleared up nicely today and will remain clear for the next few days...

Great pictures, as usual! the night shots really capture the spectacular skyline, it's even better from the bay :)!

I ran into sea foam as she was coming to the harbor a couple of days ago, daring color is too kind... I guess it s a love or hate thing
  4. T.T.

T.T. Senior Member

Thank you Tom for capturing and sharing these images.
  5. captainwjm

captainwjm Senior member

One day of rain, and one of cool temps- sure beats the snow back home! Wonderful show that keeps getting better! We looked seriouslly at 2 boats on Thursday and Friday, and by Saturday evening, both were under contract before we even made an offer. Good times!
  6. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Thanks for the kind words. Enjoy sharing the scenes from the show. And yes, that long-legged beauty was my date (Carl was there too, but we'll leave that for later).

Anyway, the sun did come out and the cold temps soon followed. About 40 degress around South Florida this Sunday morning, and windy. I bailed on the show last night, but not before getting more night shots, and they'll be coming. Here are a few more from the inclimate weather:

Rain on Thursday night filled the canopy over the MTU display, resulting in the frame collapsing. No one was hurt and the framers quickly removed the twisted tubing so MTU could get back in business.

More rain storage.

The crew on M/Y Believe were getting a little chamois-crazed.

Dressed for the weather on M/Y Scott Free.

Attached Files:

7. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Of course Ferretti had their full compliment of floating palaces, including this Pershing 82.

That's a San Lorenzo 94. A little large for the camera frame so shot on the diagonal.

One from the Princess fleet.

Attached Files:

8. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Recent newcomer MCY or Monte Carlo Yachts, brings a bit of flare to exterior styling with contemporary interiors. Here's the MCY 70 showing the upsweep towards the Portuguese bridge and bridge bow that frowns down.

Salon of the new 76

Master stateroom

Guest shower

Cool helm layout

Attached Files:

9. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I thought the Monte Carlo helm was an interesting departure. Kind of a Frank Lloyd Wright inspired, modular presentation. Great pics as always Tom. Did you get a shot of the Hargrave 125' helm?
  10. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Not of the helm, but over the helm of the Westports. Figured we would possibly be back on it soon for a review.
    I did get photos, such as:

Aformentioned view

Guest stateroom. Yes, that's a king.

Very large upper deck

Captain's quarters

Attached Files:

11. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

What? No Boat Show Babes this year? I got your BSB's right here! Our friend Katerina at NISI Yachts got her flock together for a lovely group shot.

Attached Files:

12. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

The lots of steps to clean must sure be on one of the smaller ISA boats!
  13. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

That was my first thought. I kept remembering the stairway to heaven comment from an old thread. Or, was it a review? Can't remember now.
  14. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

15. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

16. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Update... Lawyers are getting involved...

Miami Beach, Coast Guard agree to work on yacht traffic problem - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com

They are the only ones, as usual, who will get something out the problem... Gee, it s not rocket science... Sound the bottom to find where the deeper water is, and put a few temporary floaties.

We need to get rid of the lawyers and make common sense classes mandatory in every high school across the country. Life would be easier and everything would cost less.

Got to love the coasties explanation...search and rescue cases if a boat grounds in Biscayne bay? Sure...