Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for Perko

Megayacht Tenders

Discussion in 'Tenders & Dinghies' started by orion, Apr 6, 2005.

1. arise

arise New Member

Maybe this is not the correct place to post my thread but i didn't know where else to place it! I need some help on choosing a one day cruise boat rib or plastic, prefferably new, up to 30ft and price tag around 100K(euros). There is no need for a cabin but just for a place to store things, a fridge and if possible a small toilet. Also the boat has to have a bimini top(hard or soft) and I don't care whether it will have inboard or ourboard engine(s). Any advice anyone? Maybe somenone that knows well the american market? I would appreciate it a lot if someone could help me decide. Thanks in advance!
  2. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

F1's put out 800+, but you have to remember that their lifespan is measured in single-digit hours... counted on one hand, generally. De-tuned to 625 they can likely get a fair bit of relaibility out of them, relatively speaking of course.
  3. Ben

Ben Senior Member

Ah, yes, of course. Didn't think of that. Don't suppose they'd last to long at sustained high revs/load for hours on end.
  4. marcusra

marcusra Member

It's obvious that this V10 isn't a F1 engine!! Countless of experiments has shown that tuned car-engines don't belong in any type of boat.

This engine is a slightly tuned and most important "MARINE-CONVERTED" Dodge Viper Engine!
    The Viper V10 is from the begining a truck-engine wich is tuned and slimed to fit a sportscar.
    And truck-engines are very common in boats as you all know;)
    Volvo, Scania, MAN, Cat, MB.......... etc.
  5. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Marcusra, I was being sarcastic from the start. :) Ilmor has a history of race car engines, in both Indy and F1. McLaren-Mercedes used Ilmor powerplants for years. With F1 having switched to V8 power for 2006, there must be a lot of obsolete V10s somewhere... it was a joke. ;)
  6. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

these tenders are the bomb.......i didnt know that Denship made tenders.....i only now realised that the main limo aboard Princess Mariana is the same as that rendering on page 5.....i thought that limo was made by Vikal.... Denship did a really good job on the limo!...hats off!
  7. Venetian guy

Venetian guy Guest

Yacht tender specifications

Hello everibody,
    i just recently joint this comunity after reading a few thread.
    About yacht tenders, i am a little confused on what a tender should be.
    I have seen some of the beatyfull boats listed on this discussion and i truly believe most of them could be considered tender as a "toy" boat or even better as hobby boat, mening a boat that could let guests to have a lot of fun with, or maybe something cool to have aboard.
    I believe a tender boat should be that kind of boat that take guest from the yacht to the shore or for local transportations. I also believe it should offers the best in comfort, safety, easyness to get aboard, class and to be cool!!!

Therefore i was wondering what exactly a tender is and what shoul be the priority in purchasing one.

Thank you guys and have a good one.
    Andrea
  8. Yacht News

Well i think that you have outlined most of the things that a real and purpose built yacht tender should be or have? For sure the main purpose is to transport passengers especially if it is a charter yacht to the shore and back to the yacht. However the other factors would come into play becaus eof the very nature of what you are dealing with, a yacht! Now with cruiseship tenders they do not need to be outlandish and posh and sleek, they are just movers and thats it. With a yacht it is supposed to reflect a image if you will, of the mother ship. Plush seating, custom paint, stainless steel railings, teak, sleek and fast looking design and even better stability. These things are all in the minds of persons buying them especially for Charter yachts. For example, Annalisse and Alysia's Main moving tenders look very much like a cruise ship tender and off course that would all be influenced by the amount of passengers they carry so the regulations will state they have to carry a big tender. But the interiors would be much different. Look at the sleeker tenders for examples especially the Limos. the main tenders to Pelorus, Coral Island, Princess Mariana, Ecstasea, Octopus and so on and you will see all that ive mentioned but put in a nice and neat luxurious package!
    hoped that helped you a bit!
  9. Venetian guy

Venetian guy Guest

Hello yachtluver,
    for sure on a big yacht to have a lot of boats it is a good thing. It is a lot of fun, it pushes the economy, and a lot more.....
    I would say that tender should not necessarely be like a rescue boat, but i also believe this word should be use with the intention of meaning a service boat and not a fun boat. For sure it should be a good looking boat.

What do you think of the venetian water taxis as tender boats?
    Ciao
    Andrea
  10. Yacht News

I think that is a cool idea but i am not sure that the wider owners of big yachts would want venetian tenders. Venetian spells old and classical, i would more expect to see Venetians on yachts such as Savorona or Talitha G, Atlantide and so on, not saying that theses yachts carry them but its just to give you an idea as to the type of yacht looks that would go with a venetian tender...
  11. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

There are several modern yachts with Venetian tenders, Ilona has two Serenellas, Queen M and Siran has one each, to name a few...
  12. Yacht News

Yes, thats true AMG, i didnt remember those.....but they are not widely spread in terms of megayacht use though....
  13. orion

orion Senior Member

Nice looking retro center console:cool:

Attached Files:

14. orion

orion Senior Member

The Venice limo concept is perfect as yacht tenders with steering position in front and a low cabin in aft. Designed to run under low bridges and wild traffic on narrow channels.
    It doesnt mean it have to look exactly as the original taxi boats, many of the futuristic new tenders are based on the old venetian limos. See first reply under this tread. Same concept - new package;)
  15. Mov-it!

Mov-it! New Member

SivestriS production version

Here are a couple of the official images of the new SilvestriS 23 tender.
    It should do about 50 knots, but the best feature is the remote controlled lids that close it of. No more dirty hands or wet feet while closing up the interior!

Attached Files:

• sil1.jpg
      sil1.jpg
      File size:
      52.4 KB
      Views:
    • sil2.jpg
      sil2.jpg
      File size:
      78.8 KB
      Views:
    • sil3.jpg
      sil3.jpg
      File size:
      70.2 KB
      Views:
  16. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Love that last pic!! You almost wouldn't think it's a boat! :)
  17. Yacht News

Yes that is very nice looking ....That would look very good on the former Alpha IV or mabe Siran...;)
  18. jediwhite

jediwhite Senior Member

Loosing sight of the thread

As an Engineer working in the yachting industry I think some of the above tenders are slightly odd choices as a 'Yacht Tender'
    What we are looking for is something that is safe, comfortable and dry!
    A Yacht tender should be capable of getting guests to shore in their dress clothes, without a wrinkle or damp patch.
    They will be driven by a young deckhand, so need to be easy to drive and park alongside a yacht, often with a big swell. They will be rammed into topsides, docks and up beaches.
    Lastly they need to look reasonably smart so as to impress, as the tenders above do.
    These latest tenders look awesome and do indeed fulfill the impress bit but I feel that if you get them away from a lake, they would struggle to stay good looking for long.
    The guests would be impressed until the first spray soaked their new ball gown, and the deckies would love driving them until they had to moor alongside an anchored yacht in a bay with a swell. The second job after stowing for the first time would be to repair the chipped paint and get the engineers in to fix the automated hatch which has failed due to sea water ingress.
    Realistically you need a rigid hull with inflatable tubes (built in fenders) protected props and good build quality. then try to find a good looking one.
    For me, a custom RIB is the best choice.
  19. Yacht News

I honestly think those are very good words Jed....and offcourse you are in a great position to say to do's and dont's for a tender for a yacht! Thanks very much for your imput.
  20. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member