Click for Abeking Click for Abeking Click for JetForums Click for Mulder Click for Furuno

Mechanics: Brunswick or St. Simons Island, Ga?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Boston whaler, Jul 1, 2019.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. RER

RER Senior Member

What about up the road ...Thunderbolt Marine?
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I can't speak from experience as I haven't used a yard up there. Thunderbolt comes to mind but has changed hands several times over the years. Hinckley is Savannah is another one that comes to mind.
  3. motoryachtlover

motoryachtlover Senior Member

I have a fair amount of experience with Hinckley in Savannah and would go back to them without reservation provided they still have the same GM. I can’t remember his name but they did good work on time for as reasonable price as far as boat work goes. I have a little experience with Thunderbolt (the old Palmer Johnson yard). They did a flybridge enclosure for me and it was on time and budget. I have heard good things about them as far as the smaller boats are given the same attention and treatment as the mega yachts. I would not use the yard at Brunswick Landing Marina. Things maybe different now but a couple of years ago it was not a well thought of yard.
  4. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Your the first of very many stories, I have heard about Savannah Hinkley that is good.
    Have yet to hear anything good about the old PJ yard/Thunderbolt.

Jax to Sanannah, props going to the same shop.
  5. Boston whaler

Boston whaler New Member

Thanks to everyone for the input. Time to start getting some estimates.