Click for Furuno Click for Mulder Click for Mag Bay Click for Cross Click for Nordhavn

Mate for 55 sportfisher

Discussion in 'Yacht Crews' started by jeffr, Apr 14, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. jeffr

jeffr New Member

looking for a mate to take care of a 55 viking when we are not there, go with us and run the lines when we are. some travelling, mostly florida through bahamas and Caribbean. We are not hard core fishing, so equal amounts of just cruising, but he needs to know how to fish. Needs to know how to change oil, pumps and basic maintenance, plus keep the boat clean and pretty. I'm willing to work with this person to help them advance to a captain's position. If any of you know of a good prospect with good credentials and references, can you send them my way?
  2. Rfinneg2

Rfinneg2 New Member

Available

Ideally I am looking to increase my engine room knowledge in order to work my way up to Chief Engineer by securing a position as a Deckhand/Engineer or 2nd Engineer and only need 3 months of sea time to obtain my MEOL. I have worked as the Mate on an 80’ offshore and just recently finished on a 116’ azimuth, where I worked as the Mate/Engineer. I am also an excellent inshore/offshore fisherman and would love the opportunity to take the guests out.
    Regards,
    Ryan Finnegan