Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service Click for Furuno Click for Mag Bay Click for Cross

Marquis 65

Discussion in 'Marquis Yacht' started by CedarPosts, Sep 19, 2009.

1. CedarPosts

CedarPosts New Member

I'm surprised at the lack of info on Marquis yachts. A number of nice photos and some faint hearted reviews on line, but not much else.

I've recently taken on a 2005 Marquis 65 and need some good gouge (info) on things like the trim tabs which leak, and where to locate replacement china for the owner.

I've had nice convos with the Marguis folks and a good visit with a Jarrett Bay project manager addressing a major ground strike by the prior capt.

So far all good news. But any additional info would be very helpful.

CP
  2. Here is some background on Marquis Yachts that you might find interesting. The yachts were designed by a team of designers from Venice, Italy, Nuvolari and Leonard, who have worked on many notable custom yachts.
    Originally they were built as Mochi Craft yachts, 65', 78', and 84.' Unfortunately Mochi Craft went under, and the molds and designs were purchased by Carver. Ferretti acquired the name and the building facility, which iswell known in Europe.
    Stunning Italian design with American craftmanship and back up service, mades a very successful yacht line which will do well when the new boat market comes back.
  3. nilo

nilo Senior Member

How is Genmar doing?

I've been noticing lately several Marque boats in European waters. It looks like their competitive pricing with a European flair in design has been a successful formula in increasing their sales.

As to my knowledge Carver belongs to Genmar Holding and they have been in financial difficulties. I wonder how this will be affecting their performance in the future.
  4. lwrandall

lwrandall senior member

Here is the latest update on Genmar I could find.

Genmar seeks reorganization extension
    Posted on September 14, 2009
    Genmar had been scheduled to file the plan by the end of September, but is asking the court for the right to file it through Dec. 31 and to extend the period in which it may obtain acceptance of such plans through Feb. 28, 2010.
    "The reason for that is we're very close to the financing for the entire transaction to come out of the [Chapter] 11, and we are hoping to have something public before this week is out," Genmar chairman Irwin Jacobs told Soundings Trade Only.
    "I feel very pleased, and I'm optimistic that we'll have something to say before the week is out relative to that," he added. "There's no sales included in that. For the most part, the entire plan is for Genmar to be intact."
    In court filings, Genmar says the case is large and complex, with 22 debtors filing separate petitions and schedules.
    "Collectively, these debtors have in excess of 7,000 creditors, with hundreds, if not thousands, of executory contracts and leases," the court paper says. "Thus, the size of these cases alone establishes grounds for extending the exclusivity periods."
    Also, documents note, Genmar, which filed June 1 for Chapter 11, has recently begun to implement exit strategies, such as sale of assets, and these transactions will form the basis of any plan.
    "These transactions are contemplated to close or solidify by the middle of December 2009," according to court documents.
    A hearing on this motion is set for Sept. 24.
    — Beth Rosenberg
  5. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Cedar,
    Welcome to YF. If you search the YF threads you will find some info, including a "faint hearted" review, found here: http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/marquis-yachts/2794-review-carver-65-marquis.html

You may want to seek out a Marquis user group, if there is one. But when it comes to issues, such as the mentioned trim tab leaks, maybe you you will gain more information by asking about the trim tabs themselves, regardless of the yacht they are on.
    Good luck with your venture.
  6. viking 58

viking 58 YF Historian