Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for Delta Click for Northern Lights

Marlow Explorer

Discussion in 'Marlow Yacht' started by current affair, Dec 10, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. current affair

current affair New Member

We have been looking at the Marlow 57e. Looks like a great boat. Just wondering if any owners/captains/crew can comment on the ride and handling of the boat in rough water. These boats are fairly light weight compared to some others of similar size. We are concerned they may not handle as well in bad water or at anchor as some of the competition. All comments appreciated.
  2. Swamp fox

Swamp fox Member

I run a 72 and am happy with its handling in rough weather. I realize it isn't a 57, but the boats are built like a tank. They are a bit light, but any boat becomes light in a rough sea state. Be sure it is stabilized and you will be happy. With a Marlow, at least you have the option to out run weather, as compared to the others in her class.......We can cruise at 22kts if need be.
  3. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

I've run a number of Marlows. But not the 57.

As noted they are built like a tank, have very nice fit and finish and are very good sea boats. But they are a very wet boat. At least the older ones are.

Is this a new or used one?

"but any boat becomes light in a rough sea state."

Except for very heavy ones. :)
  4. current affair

current affair New Member

We are looking at a 2008 57e Marlow. Are the 08's as wet a boat as the earlier models?
  5. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

I really can't say as to how wet or not the 57 runs. You would be best off taking it for a seatrial on a snotty day.

Don't get me wrong, Marlows are great boats and some of the best at sea and at anchor boats I've run.

You just have to wash them a lot. :)