Click for Cross Click for Mulder Click for Delta Click for Westport Click for Ocean Alexander

MarineMax Boston Evicts 30 boats for being Too Old

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by RichV, Jan 21, 2022.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. RichV

RichV Member

January 2022 MarineMax - (NYSE: HZO) $2B Sales

With only 3 months before the boating season starts, MarineMax general manager for Massachusetts and Rhode Island Blake Phillips, is evicting 30 boats from the Quincy, MA location (Bay Pointe Marina) for being “too old”, according to Stu Piaseck marina operations manager.

They probably need to make room for the million dollar boats they plan to sell, and they may be doing it in other locations. With long waiting lists at most marinas, these boats will literally be left “High and Dry”.

The evictees include long-time customers, veterans, and retirees. Many are unaware because the official notice has not gone out yet, or they plan not to send the renewal notices at all, which is even worse. The list includes boats currently stored in the marina parking lot. Quincy is considered a working class city south of Boston, and the location of the nearby Fore River Shipyard, where 92 Navy ships were built, including battleships, carriers, heavy and light cruisers, and destroyers.

Mod edit: MM history & link removed. Let's not help them with external links!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2022
    ChiTown likes this.
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Another reason why MM is on my stuff list.
  3. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Can anyone find the original news article on this? I'm only finding it on boating sites and believe there may be significant information left out. Is it strictly age or age and condition? 30 out of how many boats? Have they been given any means of staying? I'm not a fan of Marine Max as most know. However, I see reports like this and want to know the rest of the story.
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I did notice both Marine Max (hzo) and Brunswicks stock price (BC) have both dropped about 25% in the past week or so.
  5. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

No chip... < half of my purchase prices.
    As discussed in another thread. My investment in MM during their acquisitions, was a poor move. Now this?
    I did not think they could tick any more people off, Wrong on that also.
  6. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

And I believe both are undervalued.