Click for YF Listing Service Click for YF Listing Service Click for Furuno Click for Mulder Click for MotorCheck

Marine Max purchases Fraser Yacht Group from Azimut Benetti

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by captholli, Jul 2, 2019.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

About ten years ago, I had the same issues fighting with Azimut North America to try to cover items that were supposed to be under warranty. I had the boat at an Azimut approved yard. I finally told the President of Azimut North America at the time, that Searay didn't have the quality issues that the boat I was managing had (gel coat bubbling under all of the flybridge cushions) and if they did, they would cover it under warranty. He first tried to tell me that it was because we didn't take all of the flybridge cushions off between use (there were so many, there wasn't even enough space to store them inside of the boat). It would've taken 2 hours to remove them each time. Boat also had a 3 sided enclosure, so it's not like the flybridge really got that wet. Basically what I am getting at, is Marine Max is no worse than Azimut themselves were and are from what I hear, when it comes to warranty support.
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

The big news (in another rag);
    MarineMax has two new GMs

One gentleman has been working for MM since 2016, then promoted to GM Pompano Yacht Center in Florida . Before he was previously a finance manager with car dealerships.

The second gent is taking over the first gent's former role as the general manager in Wrightsville Beach. He spent summers as a child boating in Maine, and he and his family have owned two Boston Whalers. After college, he moved to the Sarasota area, where he worked in the high-end car industry.

My Thoughts (you knew it was coming); BFD.

Guy#2,,Childhood on the Maine waters? 2 Whalers? What an asset..

They are money guys, NOT yacht guys.

They probably have;
    No clue of what a yacht is,
    No clue how to service a yacht,
    No clue how to keep service personnel up,
    No clue on logistics,
    No clue on rigging,
    No clue on sales delivery,
    No clue on marine transportation.

The news report just states they were in the car industry. No other experience.

Where are the Fraser people. If your going to buy into a marine support group that probably knows more than you do, Would you install them and some of their experience rather than moving car people around and make a big deal of it?