Click for Furuno Click for Abeking Click for Mag Bay Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder

Marine Max apparently is buying or has bought Intrepid

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by motoryachtlover, Oct 5, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. motoryachtlover

motoryachtlover Senior Member

https://investor.marinemax.com/news...x-to-Acquire-Intrepid-Powerboats/default.aspx

Does MM own boston whaler? If so it seems that they left whaler alone. So maybe Intrepid will be OK. I don’t know but my money is on that MM will find a way to screw this up. MM doesn’t do a good job in Wrightsville Beach, NC from what I hear from friends with boats there. It seems that there are a few MM dealerships that satisfy their customers but they seem to be the exception. They may be making money now but how about when boat sales return to their historical numbers.
  2. RER

RER Senior Member

Brunswick owns Boston Whaler.
  3. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Certainly very interesting moves by Marine Max, buying builders. First, Cruisers, now Intrepid. In July, they expanded their credit facility, apparently for such purposes. Should Brunswick be worried? I don't think so as Cruisers doesn't really compete with anything they build and Intrepid can't compete with the volume of Whaler, is more a specialty boat and really fills a gap in Marine Max offerings.