Click for Mag Bay Click for YF Listing Service Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Glendinning Click for Nordhavn

Mammoth yacht at Dania Cut Off Canal

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Jorge Lang, Apr 11, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

It's been 12 years + since I was in the ditch south of Liquordale inlet. I remember for a while, a big boat on the east bank, stern on South Ocean Drive, that sat for a few years un-touched a ways south of the inlet, south of yacht builders row, Da Cut.
    Is this that same boat?
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

The aerial shot does improve her looks.
    Big thanks to Tom Serio. :D:)
    Now would like to see more and catch more details.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

There was a really big old steel Bennetti tri deck with a canoe stern there recently that was probably around 160' that had a lot of hull damage on the starboard side. I don't know what happened to her, but don't see her there anymore
  4. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

She was built by Swiftships in 1997 as an off shore supply vessel. Google HOS Trader and yacht Voyager and you will come up with some interesting pics and info on the current project!
  5. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Nobody will ever accuse the owner of choosing style over substance.
  6. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

I believe that is the 62m Benetti Waku lying next to her. Apparently she has been impounded by the US government as the owner was a Venezuelan drug lord. Haven’t heard what the fate will be yet.
  7. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Yeah, that is the boat. She is in really rough shape, a lot of hull damage on the starboard side, looks like she was scraping against what looks like a concrete wall on the starboard side. I assumed she was one of the hurricane boats out of St. Martin. Also sitting very light, about 14" above what looks to be her normal waterline.