Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder Click for Westport

Mahogany Railing

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by cajunroamer, Jan 3, 2006.

1. cajunroamer

cajunroamer New Member

I am in the process of replacing the mahogany railing on my 1960 35' Roamer. Does anyone know where I can find mahogany railing?
  2. Hal Swinehart

Hal Swinehart New Member

I wish I had an easy answer.

About 3 years ago, I purchased a custom cut piece of Philippine mahogany, approximately 2x4, 11 feet long, from a local millwright shop here in Michigan, for around $40.00 (if I recall correctly). If I wanted new railing, I would go to them with a sample and get a price for them to make it.

Is your railing missing, or so bad that it needs replacing? I've seen some pretty ugly wood clean up beautifully with some sanding and bleaching. A little elbow grease might be easier (and less expensive) than replacing.

Another option is to visit the boneyards. Occasionally, someone also posts that they are parting out an old Roamer, but that doesn't happen often.

Good luck.

(BTW, I have a 1961 35' Regal Sedan.)

Hal
  3. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Parts, parts!

Heck, you neednt find a Roamer - CC used the same railing parts on most of their pleasure cruisers - and they made alot of them: boneyards!:p