Click for Walker Click for Abeking Click for Perko Click for Abeking Click for Northern Lights

Lutron Lighting

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Steve F, Oct 27, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Steve F

Steve F New Member

Im working with a customer for a 115 foot M/Y and he asked about using Lutron controls for all of the lightning and AV systems on his new boat.

Does anyone have any experience with this system on board yachts ??

SAF
  2. 101TUG

101TUG Senior Member

Hello Steve,

I have no experience on Lutron on marine but I remember 5 years ago we build hight standing villa and project manager complain about the Lutron light system they installed, for him was antic engineering ...

Hugues
  3. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

I retrofitted all of our lights aboard with Lutron dimmers and they gave me no issues at all; they were stylish and worked great. Lutron lighting controls are not a "system" but a simple on/off dimmer control. They may have a "system" but the controllers are simply that- controllers. You should have no issues if all the rest of the lights are otherwise standard lights.
  4. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Lutron does make a system panel for local and remote lights. One button can turn all on/off or each on/off. Low voltage (phone wire) can add more remote panels to to further control zone lights; over the bar, dinner table, hall way, back lighting or china cabinet. Programmable dim functions also.

It Sux (IMO).

We just removed a system like this from a 72 Hat and installed individual dimmer switches.
    Life is to short to require a complicated light system for a boat.