Click for Furuno Click for Glendinning Click for Perko Click for Westport Click for Abeking

Lurssen News

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by Yacht News, Sep 29, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felipe

Felipe Senior Member

Beautiful yacht. The interiors are not of my taste, and I believe not of the taste most people would expect nowadays in such high category. But there will always be others who prefer classic interiors like those.
  2. Telemachus

Telemachus Senior Member

The engine room is stunning. I wish those pictures were larger; those were my favorite of the whole brochure. I thought the layout of the wheelhouse was odd, though.
  3. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

A stunning engine room is easy enough to achieve if you are detailed about what you want right at the outset and have the right folks doing the job.

Let the yards bidding for your project show you what they will do as their norm and then expand upon what you want.

The wording of this should be very clear and definitive as there will always be that "lost in translation" discussion somewhere along the route.
  4. Telemachus

Telemachus Senior Member

Yes, of course you're correct. I have to think that the owners requested the wheelhouse layout, though I cannot fathom (no pun intended--well, maybe) why they would want it thus. I wonder if the owner plans on taking the frequently.

As far as the engine room goes, I wonder why so many brochures neglect to highlight such an important feature. Sure, somewhere in the back the builder/broker will list the equipment, but there aren't always pictures and seldom really good ones.
  5. Felipe

Felipe Senior Member

The recent sinking of Yogi just highlights the importance of playing detailed attention to the engine room, after all the heart of a yacht. This one being a luerssen, is definately top notch. With yachts is very easy to loose ground with all the possibilities and amenities in their design and end up with a "risky" yacht.
  6. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

On a side note, the above shown yacht is available for view at an Open House event today in Monaco 4pm to 7pm. It's a charter broker open house by ***** Yacht & Ship.
  7. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

Lürssen launched the 88 metre "Quatroelle" (Project Bellissimo) in Rendsburg today.
  8. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

9. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

It seems that Lürssen's 90m "Ice" and 144m "Al Salamah are for sale... as expected nothing is released (price, brokerage company).
  10. Yacht News

Is it "Topaz" some people are linking with "Al Salamah"?
  11. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Yes member Felipe stated that the owner of " Al Salamah" has presumably been ordered "Topaz" but he died last year and the project has been sold. (rumor)
  12. Kraut

Kraut New Member

But not the truth.
  13. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Ok I have heard the 139m "Al Salamah" is for sale for 280million USD.
    Succesor is scheduled for 2013.
  14. Yacht News

I read that too somewhere, not sure where now. On the other hand, where is this successor being built? At the same Lurssen?
  15. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

I read that here but I couldn't find the actual article. Can someone PM it to me?

Also, I know Al Salamah is a lot older and different style but isn't it somewhat weird that Al Salamah is priced cheaper than Nirvana (yes, I know Nirvana will be undergoing a dutch auction)?
  16. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

Maybe Project Assam could be the successor of Al Salamah?
  17. Felipe

Felipe Senior Member

No, I think Al Salamah will not have a succesor, now that its owner passed away. His numerous sons are now billionaries on their own, but none of them as high profile as their father. One of them owns the Golden fleet. I still find intriguing that Topaz is exactly the same length as Abdulazziz, the royal saudi yacht. I was told its UAE owner bought it from the Al Salamah owner while its was built, way before delivery.
  18. Yacht News

19. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Lürssen made the best offer for the insolvent Peene Werft including 350 from 540 employees and a rumored price of 20million euros... that would be their 7th(!) yard facilities for yachting, naval and repair and the 4th isolvent yard safed by Lürssen! Interesting as they denied any interest before.
    Tamsen Maritime and ADM were also interested but did not have such a good offer, so a sale contract is expected for next weeks.
  20. Yacht News

More power for them and they willl keep people employed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.