Click for Cross Click for Mag Bay Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn

Lurssen News

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by Yacht News, Sep 29, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justus

Justus Guest

Does somebody know if Lurssen will launch any other yachts this year ?
    (name, lenght)
  2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

3. Yacht News

4. Yacht News

5. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

Wow, thanks for all of them. Usually I am the one who is checking designers websites (especially designers I like) for photos like these. Looks like you beat me this time!
  6. German Yachting

Usually I would wait this out a little longer but I have a feeling nothing new is to come. Pheonix2's website with the GA's.

http://yachtphoenix2.com/
  7. Sea Ray

Sea Ray New Member

I can confirm that Lady Kathryn was delivered, she is now in Capri.
  8. Yacht News

Just because you saw a pic of her anchored in Capri. The yacht's name is "Lady Kathryn V".
  9. German Yachting

The ISS awards are out. Nothing special. I guess we will have to judge Phoenix2's interior based off the renderings.

Looking over the interior photos of Pacific, it seems like it will be difficult to visualize the GA's for her. Based off the World Super Yacht Award's photos, the first set of salon photos with the dining room and interesting globe, is on the main deck. The game seats and LCD wall appears to be on the upper deck. Presumably, there are guest cabins on the main deck forward of the salon. From the Bannenberg and Rowell website, there appears to be some area that looks like it could be some salon. It might be aft of the game section. I would think that the Cinema is on the lower deck next to the bathing platform access. I want to say that the bathroom (photo 28) is the master bathroom or possibly (my guess, lest likely) a VIP bathroom. I am not sure about the master suite. Presumably it is forward on the upper deck. The site said it is asymmetric so it looks like it could the aisle could be for the master suite. I am not sure where the gym and massage room are. Also, there is likely something on the bridge deck but what I am not sure. Lastly, the enclosed space on the sun deck is also a mystery.

Overall, I really like her interior. It is creative and I like how it incorporates marine life into the styling.
  10. Yacht News

It was reflects cohesively with the exterior design of the yacht too which is very marine inspired, reminds me a bit of a hammerhead shark from the exterior in many aspects.
  11. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

12. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

If Lurssen buys B&V completly they would become the biggest yard in Germany.
    And that only with mostly building yachts and military ships, impressive.
  13. Thyssen Group denied the Lürssen proposal
  14. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Here are more Informations, from the german newspaper "Hamburger Abendblatt":

Blohm + Voss will not be sold to Lürssen
    Hamburg / Bremen (dpa) - Lürssen shipyard in Bremen can not take over the rivals Hamburg Blohm + Voss. Staff and management of Blohm + Voss issued the offer of the Weser River on Friday clearly opposed.

There are also no sales calls are conducted with Lürssen. "On this basis is clearly not debatable," said Hans Christoph Atzpodien, CEO of ThyssenKrupp shipbuilding division TKMS, the news agency dpa. Even more clearly formulated in the works there: "We see this as a mockery of so-called offer of employee and group."

Lürssen has long worked with Blohm + Voss in the construction of frigates and corvettes together. For mega-yachts, the two companies are competitors, however. The takeover would strengthen the Lürssen locations and position themselves successfully in international competition, the Bremen shipyard had announced on Thursday.

ThyssenKrupp had asked the civil activities of Blohm + Voss for sale after a takeover by Abu Dhabi aiming for May after more than one and a half years had burst. Negotiations with the British fund Star Capital Partners and run to be completed in the coming months.

"The offer of Lürssen is not aimed at the company, but to the public," said Atzpodien. Lürssen would take only the assets, all costs and risks should however continue to carry ThyssenKrupp. "We are asked to give away the whole site," said Manager of ThyssenKrupp.

But that will not come into question. "We are not in a sellout situation," said Atzpodien. "We will not sell off Blohm + Voss, not at all." Goal is that the non-military sector could do better than after a sale under the umbrella of TKMS.

The offer of Lürssen covers not the whole company, but is incomplete and refers only to parts of Blohm + Voss. The councils also fear that threatens nearly every second job at Blohm + Voss, should come into the Bremen. These Friedrich Lürssen Lürßen chief said in the "Hamburger Abendblatt": "We get not one to break down jobs, but to secure the German naval shipbuilding." It is not over yet but to see how many jobs could be secured. Blohm + Voss employs 1,900 people, there are at Lürssen 1400th
  15. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Maybe not the newest news, but I think nobody posted that.
    Linda Lou has been sold, her new name is Lime Light.
  16. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Lurssen got the the order for a new 91 meter yacht.
  17. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Today I was in Bremen and saw that Pacific and Carinthia VII are at Lurssen Aumund.Probabaly for a refit..
  18. Yacht News

Warranty work probably for "Pacific" and maybe a refit for the CVII?
  19. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Don't know, curious, many new yachts return back to Lurssen after a year or earlier. For example Valerie,Phoenix2 and Pacific.
  20. Yacht News

Well it is not just at Lurssen, at alot of the other big yacht yards do the same thing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.