Click for Burger Click for Perko Click for Delta Click for Glendinning Click for Northern Lights

| Lurssen | 124.3M | "KATARA" ex. Project 'Crystal' | 2010 |

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by K1W1, Apr 30, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Someone sent me the photo asking if I knew which boat this is, Crystal is all I can think it might be.

Attached Files:

2. Leveller

Leveller Senior Member

It should be - no other Luerssen project should be in this condition. Looks like Tatoosh II?
  3. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I just got the heads up from someone who has good contacts within the yard that it is.
  4. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

It looks like a design off of the "Al Said".
  5. Yacht News

6. Lovely, well... design speaking for someway, i see a smaller harmonic cruise ship mix yacht, with those 'Norway' classy 2 fore & aft funnels and 2 tenders each side. Wonderful also that windows are in harmony with the whole exterior, not like 'Radiant'. I liked much, really impressive design good look. :eek: If interiors will come also in this direction, then this would be my preference as first in top lists. But i would risk to say this is really a design tendency of what Lürssen does. However i can be wrong. Is that some 140m long?
  7. Yacht News

Project Crystal is said to be 124-meters.
  8. bigboatbill

bigboatbill Senior Member

It does look like Al Said with characteristics of Tatoosh and the bow reminded me of Octopus. She is a very impressive yacht and I am inclined to like her upon first look.
  9. if has compares with Al Said, i would say this has more harmony with side windows, when also the 3 Masts seems a little bit too much for a way in same high dimensions at the other (The front one could be the half), but makes her singular, at same way the 'spheres' here also in great quantity, make the ship as getting some too much 'bubbles' on top, like in some winter got shiitake spread around. My opinion. But i like both, clear.
  10. Leveller

Leveller Senior Member

Al Said is actually to the right in the Luerssen floating dock. From that view Crystal is definitiv not 140 m. There is much missing - specialy in height. See on this picture http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2457538640101233922YTmNwe (these are mine - so the link goes okay Carl? :) ) the dock, add 6 m because Al Said is out of the water and now see the door of the shed. At this height the floating dock ends and so the topdeck of Al Said. The masts where out during the refit (http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2164640600101233922LezFBo). One other point, as I took the pictures - the same place as for Radiant - I had to go a few meters more inland (about 5 m) to get her full on my cam with my 70mm. I never got that with Al Said...
  11. Yacht News

She looks as though as she could be the successor to the "Tatoosh" as she just went up for sale. Quite a few elements do look like Tatoosh but this is nothing for sure...
  12. Yacht News

Compare them here... the above photo that K!W! provided and my photo of "Tatoosh" I took in 2008...

Shes_coming_out_April_28_051.jpeg

IMG_1656.JPG
  13. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Except for the sat dome eruption, definite similarity :D
  14. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I do not think these two yachts are owned by the same guy although there are people involved in the build of Crystal on the clients side who were also involved in Tatoosh.
  15. Leveller

Leveller Senior Member

The longer I look at here, the more unsure I am. And If not the same owner, then someone who really was impressed by Tatoosh.

What people? Kusch is dead. So it's Studio 8?
  16. bigboatbill

I agree, The two forward sloping funnels on the top deck resemble the same design element atop Octopus. I see elements of Tatoosh and Octopus in Crystal. She looks like the offspring of the two. With Tatoosh on the market it raises a legitimate question of ownership. Great looking Yacht in my opinion.
  17. Crystal seems in Sea Trial since today 8:30 AM

She left Weser and passed already Helgoland for what seems her Sea Trials, probably at Kristiansand, Norway. ;)
  18. bigboatbill

Cant wait to see more photos of this beauty!
  19. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

What beauty..?
  20. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

The Crystal has just passed Vegesack bound up river towards Bremen.