Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Furuno Click for Mulder Click for Perko

Luna yacht info

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by stuart hughes, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Hi,
    I'm looking for design info on Abramovich's yacht Luna and I'm hoping someone on this forum would be able to help me. A few years ago I painted this mural of William Morris throwing Luna into the Venice lagoon, for Jeremy Deller at the Venice Biennale. At the time I tried unsuccessfully to find out how Luna looks below the water line...in the end I guessed it. I've been asked to repaint the mural as part of a William Morris exhibition and this time I would really like to get the yacht looking right. So I need to know how much of the hull is below the water line, whether the bottom of the boat hull is straight or curves narrower towards the rear and whether it has a bulbous bow below the water line. I don't need exact info, but just general (if that makes sense!)...I have emailed the yacht builders but had no reply. If anyone here can give me any info I'd be very grateful
    Cheers
    Stuart

Attached Files:

• 1109.jpg
      1109.jpg
      File size:
      199.5 KB
      Views:
  2. bernd1972

bernd1972 Senior Member

You might want to contact Frank Neubelt...
  3. Focal

Focal New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best I could do for you. I don't think it's possible to make a pic of the side profile in a dry dock.
  4. Rodger

Rodger Senior Member

Yacht Luna
    Here is a picture I took July 10/12 in Lake Ontario off the Welland Canal.
    If you go to Forums Welland Canal page three is more pictures plus a video. Capture.PNG