Click for Cross Click for Northern Lights Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Walker

Luhrs 41 Convertible ride

Discussion in 'Luhrs Yacht' started by Bucksh0t, Feb 12, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Bucksh0t

Bucksh0t Member

I would really like to hear from a couple of 41 owners about the following sea handling of the boat. Please do not blow this thread up with your opinions that came from second hand knowledge or from reading a post somewhere else.
    My normal offshore runs will put me in a quater following sea for the trip home. Right now my 40 Open will run home in a 3 to 5 on autopilot with no excessive bowsteer . She is wet but the ride is good.
    I do not normally head out in a 3 to 5 but we all get stuck in it from time to time.
    Thanks
  2. Bucksh0t

Bucksh0t Member

I am really surprised that no one has responded to this. I am glad that this forum isn't comprised of bashers that had a friend that knew a guy, Just hoping to get some first hand feedback as to her overall ride/handling.
  3. Tournament 41

Tournament 41 New Member

I trim the bow up a bit and the handling is fine.
  4. Bucksh0t

Bucksh0t Member

We have owned a 41 for about a year now. So far the boat has performed well. I did add the ZipWake tabs and I feel they have helped alot
  5. Joe McKairnes

Joe McKairnes Member

Glad to hear you got the zip Wake tabs...I know you were looking at them. Happy your enjoying the new boat!
  6. Tournament 41

Tournament 41 New Member

Did you leave the existing trim tabs or remove them? Glad to hear the Zip Wakes perform.
  7. Bucksh0t

Bucksh0t Member

Removed the factory tabs and glassed in the pockets