Click for JetForums Click for Walker Click for Furuno Click for Cross Click for Westport

| Lürssen | 180.00M | "AZZAM" ex Project 'Azzam' |2013 |

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by Milow232, May 24, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

What an ironic coincidence we talked about Lürssen's confidentality a few days ago and now there appeared interior photos in Germany's biggest tabliod newspaper "Bild" with an average readership of 12 million people..
    I guess Lürssen is getting serious trouble now, what a mess!

The same happened at B &V with "Eclipse" a few years ago.
  2. Hobbzee

Hobbzee New Member

Wow, that is ironic considering the timing after you all said about how good they are with confidentiality. Did you have a link at all for an online version?
  3. Hobbzee

Hobbzee New Member

It's on the front page of the online version of the magazine.
  4. davidwb

davidwb Senior Member

Only photo can be seen for free, you have to pay for the rest. Which I don't want to see, as the bedroom photo looks like a more expensive version of a Disneyland castle's interior...even more tacky than I expected.

The name of the yacht is visible?
  5. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Illegal Interior shots of Azzam

The pictures were taken most likely by some crazy kid with his smartphone. The guy is employed with a subcontractor / supplier of Lürssen and made these pictures in violation with his security briefing. Because any specific subcontractor / supplier has only access to specific areas of the yacht, he will be pinpointed very soon. Very stupid!! He got max. 500 Euros for the pictures and he will loose his job and his company will sue him for the damage he has done to his employer. That is not worse it. The pictures will not stay on this website very long. But anyway, nice pitures! A typical Arabian palace.

Her name is shown on the bridgedeck and on the stern on both sides. See pictures above.
  6. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

Has anyone managed to save them and could send me a copy? I would just purchase the 1 month subscription but as I do not speak German, I feel it would be difficult for me to figure out how to cancel.
  7. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

Ask GOOGLE for a translator.

For example, the description of the interior pic in Bild translates to:

Crystals sparkle like stars under the cover, which is taps with yellow gold covered up. And alone a square meter of the fine carpet costs a tank filling 1.5 million euros after picture fig. 500 euros.

or

Crystals sparkle like stars at the ceiling, the taps are shrouded with yellow gold. And only one square meter of the fine carpet costs according to image-information 500 euro, 1.5 million Euro a full tank.

or

Crystals sparkle like stars on the ceiling, the faucets are covered with yellow gold. And only one square meter of fine carpet costs by € 500 PICTURE information, a full tank 1.5 million euros.

or

Crystals sparkle like stars under the cover, the faucets are covered in yellow gold. And only 1 square meter of the fine carpet costs 500 euros, a tank filling 1.5 million euros according to picture information.

Don't you just love the Internet?! :D
  8. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

That's amazing! What is this thing that you call "the Internet?"

Surprisingly, Google can't translate everything such as buttons, flash, certain scripts and it just happens to be that those items are present a lot during the purchase of goods and services on the Internet.
  9. Felipe

Felipe Senior Member

Taking about wrong timing! Did I say Luerssen is really good with confidentiality? Well, truth is I still believe it. I feel sorry for Luerssen having to deal with this situation. Lawsuits against the magazine will be filled on Monday,the magazine will loose, but the cost of it will be less than the money they make out of having those pictures. The owner will not sue Luerssen, but will ask Luerssen to sue the contractor. And all this mess to see something surprisingly close to one of the royal suites at the Emirates Palace.
  10. Felipe

Felipe Senior Member

BTW, I remember they said the interior design was "first empire". Whomever came up with that description doesn't have a clue of what first empire looks like, probably Christophe Leoni himself. A very poor effort to dignify vulgar pastiche.
  11. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Is pretty close to what it actually says.( I adjusted your words a bit)
  12. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

I went to Aktuelle Nachrichten - Bild.de using a search engine like google that translates German where it was quite easy to subscribe to the digital edition using paypal and then once logged in to look at the pics of Azzam.

They are interesting and certainly worth the .99 Euro to see. They depict several very large palatial public rooms, a large and lavishly decorated bathroom including a bidet, handcrafted inlaid wooden doors, huge crystal chandeliers probably 15' across, and a palatial bedroom with a huge bed with lots of details on every surface.

I was able to save all the jpg files to my computer.

Is it against the rules to post pics from a digital subscription to an online magazine on YF?
  13. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Yes. (Copyrights.)
  14. discokachina

Hi Kevin, Thanks for the advice.

I was not sure in this case since as the story goes the photos were "stolen" or of dubious origin.

No credit is given for any of the "stolen" photos in question while credit is given for other photos in the story so it is clear they are copy written. That is why I am curious about the "stolen" photos for whom no credit is listed.

Does any of that change the status of these particular photos as far as YF is concerned?
  15. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi Disco, the general rule for all kind of publication is that you should own the pictures, taken them yourself or bought them. There are not many exceptions to this, other than really old pictures where the origin is not known...
  16. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Of dubious origin or not, I'm fairly certain that the publication in question did pay someone - the numpty who evidently broke an NDA of some sort or another - for them, so in the end they own the pictures, whether they credited their source or not.
  17. discokachina

Hi Guys, Thanks for the detailed explanations! I appreciate it!
  18. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

19. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Too much fiddling with the photo.... I'd be more curious to see her without all the post-processing work on that image.
  20. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Agreed...but you can get an idea how she looks though.