Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for Westport

Looking for info on classic yacht "Desire"

Discussion in 'Vintage & Classic Yachts' started by gbellows, Mar 2, 2012.

1. gbellows

gbellows New Member

Is this my brother Bill ?
  2. Was bellows

Was bellows New Member

Yes

I tried to get a hold of you while ago about mother's death but to no avail. I am still in San Francisco , been here 6 years now. Send me me your phone number and I will try to call Sunday. I did get an email from you when I lived in Atlanta but that was years ago.

Hope things are well

Bill
    Admin Edit: Phone Number & Email Address REMOVED!
  3. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Bill you would do best to send that kind of personal info by PM even though it is to your brother it will be seen by everyone on here plus bots that trawl for this type of info.
  4. Manusel

Manusel Member

Bellows

Guys, let me know if I can help. I have a bunch of Lloyd's plus Geneologybank that has access to Merchant Vessels of U.S. which has a lot of info missing in Lloyd's
  5. Manusel

Manusel Member

Hey guys, I have found a great way to research old yacht histories, at least for vessels prior to 1964. If you subscribe to Genealogybank, they have many pre-1964 issues of Merchant Vessels Of The U.S. Including Yachts scanned. All you do is enter the permanent number of any yacht in the box for "last name", and all the issues pop up. The site is a bit klunky, but you can get a great deal of info from these historical public documents. Subscriptions are under $100 a year. They also have a ton of newspaper archives which are great for searching articles on owners by name. Well worth it. Let me know if you want a yacht searched.
  6. Manusel

Manusel Member

Here's another shot of Desire.

Attached Files:

7. Manusel

Manusel Member

Another pic

Attached Files:

8. Half hitch

Half hitch New Member

She sure looks a lot like the Old 76' "Jefferson Beach" (photo taken around 1967 ) later named "Scout"
    upload_2024-2-25_10-4-24.jpeg
    upload_2024-2-25_10-5-8.jpeg