Click for Westport Click for Northern Lights Click for Glendinning Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger

Looking for Engineer Position

Discussion in 'Yacht Crews' started by Globetrotter76, Mar 26, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Globetrotter76

Globetrotter76 New Member

Hi Everyone

I have sent my updated CV to various crew agents but thought I would post on here as well.

I am experienced Yacht Engineer. I am 33years non-smoking male and currently hold my NoE to sit my MCA MEOL Oral Exam which I will be doing in upcoming months.

I am looking for a sole-engineer position on Sail Yacht or 2nd Engineer on bigger Motor/Sail.

I would also consider any relief/temp/yard stints.

Currently back home in South Africa in Cape Town.

PM me and I will forward my CV and Ref's

Kind Regards

Globe76
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I wish you luck in your job search but don't expect you will get a 2nd Engineers job on a big motor boat with just an MEOL.

Do you have any relevant experience that would allow you to get into the Sth African System towards getting yourself a Commercial Ticket?
  3. Globetrotter76

Globetrotter76 New Member

Cheers K1W1

Im going to keep my Quals through the MCA for now. Aware that alot of vessels require Y4 minimum, however I have worked on Private vessels as unticketed Sole Engineer and 2nd Engineer on Motor Yachts before.

So hoping to get similar position on private vessel and then get my Y4 in the next 12 months.

Just posting here as its been quiet from the crew agent over the last weeks.

Cheers

Globe