Click for Furuno Click for Nordhavn Click for Mag Bay Click for Mulder Click for MotorCheck

Looking for Bertram pics!

Discussion in 'Bertram Yacht' started by YachtForums, Nov 13, 2003.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

If you've got 'em... we want 'em!

We've spent years cruising along the waters of South Florida and we've taken pictures whenever possible. We've made some of them available for you on this site, but... there are so many beautiful yachts all over the world and I'd be willing to bet... you've got pics of a few of them. Sooo... fire up your scanners, upload those images and tell us a little about the circumstances surrounding your pictures. It doesn't take much time and if we all share a little, we'll all learn A LOT!

Keep images under 640 x 480 at medium resolution, preferrably smaller... as larger pics take too long for people on dial-up to download.

The YachtForums Crew
  2. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Richard Bertram's Bertram

Reputedly the man's very own SF , "Adventurous" - 1963 FBSF 38' - Twin diesels.
    Actually saw her in Falmouth, MA last summer at the Flying Bridge Marina - here she is from the web. :p

Attached Files:

3. YachtForums

Now that's a rare "bird"! Should be on the endangered species list by now.
  4. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Here's my 50. I have to re size more pics, I'll post them later

Attached Files:

5. kscheben

kscheben New Member

1986 28 ft Bertram Bahia Mar

I haven't seen lots of these still around. I've sent the past 2 years rigging her for blue water fishing.

Attached Files:

6. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

Have I got some cool old Bertram stuff for you guys

Like most of us, I used to have a real job. It began in 1977 and lasted for thirteen great years during which time I essentially went to "boat school" and learned real-world boat engineering & design, production, sales---the whole gamut---from the last of the "old guard", those old fart conservative boat builders who knew what the hell they were doing.

I worked for the Bertram Yacht factory. Started out in the engineering department, fresh out of college, and ended my last years there in various sales management positions.

The Sales Department was really small, with one tiny storeroom for all the sales brochures, pricelists, and such... every now and then, they had to do some spring cleaning to make room for the new stuff.

In short, I saved a lot of that info. I have Valkyrie's 20 Sportsman's original sales brochure from 1969 as well as the Dealer Pricelist. How about $6290, Valkyrie, didja pay more than that?

I do not own a scanner, otherwise I'd tack up some oldy photos.

Regarding Dick Bertram, he used to keep his 54 Bertram ( that was a 46 Motoryacht with cockpit, sans flybridge-- for the canals of Europe) under the shed across the street at Richard Bertram Co. I met him for the first time onboard that particular boat. He was revered even back then by the brokers in his employ.
  7. Lon Mc Closkey

Lon Mc Closkey New Member

I am from the gulfcoast but currently reside in Pa
    bertram

I have a 1969 20 Sportsman that I have completly restored to very original specs and will post a few pics when the canvas is complete. Loren, if you have a spare original brochure I would really like to have one. I have some copies that are not quite complete. Thanks, LMc
  8. HORBA

HORBA New Member

Here are some very old and rare Bertram photos......the very first Bertram and one of the later racing versions in the 70's.

As you can see rough water and Bertrams always went together very well. When the other boats stayed in port or slowed down, the Bertrams continued on.

Attached Files:

9. dreamline

dreamline Guest

My 1980 58' Bertram Sportfisher

P1000368.JPG

P1000374.JPG Here's a couple pictures of my 1980 58' Bertram convertible. It's a solid fiberglass hull with an aluminum superstructure. Between the 17 degree transom deadrise and 85,000 pounds, the ride is excellent even in significant seas. We've put thousands of open ocean miles on this old girl without any (significant) probems.
    She's homeported in Long Beach, California
  10. SharkyFHB

SharkyFHB Senior Member

Here are pics of my uncle's 31 Bahia Mar and his 33 Sportfish.. He bought the 33 new in 1983 and it was supposedly one of the first 33's with the VT 555's. Did many billfish trips off Texas in both of the boats. Before he had the 31, he owned a 25. Will try to get some pics of it.

Attached Files:

11. Manny

Manny Senior Member

Hello I'm new to yacht forums. And I already see I'm going to like this community:)

This is a picture of my 54' 1988 Bertram, I've had her for almost 20 years. This is the first 54' Bertram with 12v92's to ever arrive in Puerto Rico, not to mention one of the fastest boats at the time topping 34 knots and cruising 27-28 knots at 1850 RPM's. She's also the winner of the St. Thomas July 4th Tournament 2 years in a row 1992 and 1993. She has also survived many storms including 3 hurricanes practically unscathed, and in one occassion proved her worth when I once got caught in a tropical storm that created 15 ft seas that formed right on top of me during a trip from Antigua to Guadaloupe. She has raised many fish and continues to do so. She has served her purpose as a family get away and as my favorite "toy".

Attached Files:

12. YachtForums

Hi Manny and welcome to YF. That's a beautiful Bert you have! I know you also have an interest in Bob Rosciolli's boats based on another post. Glad to say you signed-up at a good time. We have reviews in the works on the new Bertram 700 Enclosed Bridge (by Loren Schweizer, who worked for Bertram many years ago) and next, we'll be covering the new Donzi/Rosciolli-80, as soon as the photo shoot is complete.
  13. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Hi Manny & welcome!
    That is a beautiful Bertram to say the least! I happen to be quite fond of the 1988's (my 50 is pictured above). I sure wish I had the speed yours does! I have the 8v92 package.
    My 50 sure can take more than I can! I picked it up in Mobile AL & crossed to FL just days before Katrina. The seas were very uncooperative to say the least but the old girl did just fine.
    So when do we all get an invite to come down & go fishing with you?;)

Dave
  14. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Carl
    In post #12, there are pictures of a Bert called "Basic instinct". Is that the boat from CA that burned over in Catalina last summer? I seem to recall a bunch of pictures.
  15. Manny

Manny Senior Member

that's the thing about bertram they can get you out of any predicament. I love the 1988's myself, since they have the 4 inch thick hull.

And Thank you for the welcome guys.:D
  16. Manny

Manny Senior Member

hi all.

just thought I'd add a new pic of my 1988 54' Bertram. had a recent paintjob. :D

Attached Files:

17. Jorge Lang

Jorge Lang Senior Member

Carl,
    If you go to the Downtowner, there is a wooden boat up above the door where you enter from the west side. It has the Bertram logo, but I don't know if it is. Can anyone verify if this is an old Bertram?
  18. tward01

tward01 Guest

Here is a picture of my bertram 50 with mans

Hope my Pic came turu. Still learning this site

Tom

Rumrunner

Attached Files:

19. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

One Step Behind

Just picked up on this thread.

I remembered that my StepDad had the first Bertram in the UK (maybe Europe?) back in the '60s. He did the London-Paris-London Race in it and came 2nd. All the wooden raceboats just fell apart but this new fangled fibreglass production boat just flew.

Interestingly, Hull#12 ever made used to be next to me in Venezuala still with the original owner and he had motored her down from Miami on her Gas engines back in the '60s! Well he does own the Santa Teresa Rum Distillery.
  20. gmoyer

gmoyer New Member

1970 38' in San Diego.....

Attached Files: