Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Mag Bay Click for Glendinning

Looking for Any information on this boat - Wake Damage

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Gulfer, Feb 10, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I probably put that wrong. Yes it's an anchor door, but it looks like a repair. Maybe even sealed that door.
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Or it's more convenient to blame the captain. Whether situations like this or dealing with a yard I've always told owners to blame me. Make me the bad guy so they can remain the good guy. It's a standard negotiating tactic.
  3. sgawiser

sgawiser New Member

Just be very careful with any accident in the Bahamas. We were in a slip at Staniel Cay and got hit by a local tour boat. We were aboard at the time and found the people who gave us bogus insurance information and names. The club was no help at all. The policeman arrived later from another island to take the report, knew who they were, and informed us that they were following up. But nothing happened and they refused to respond to us at all. The police were no help either.

At least the repairs were not that expensive.
  4. C team

C team Senior Member

Glad it worked out and now lets hope they do the right thing for your damages.
  5. KoffeeCruising

KoffeeCruising Member

Maybe Don Denkinger was the Captain driving that Pardo. (Gulfer knows what I’m talking about)

Glad they fessed up- hope it’s minor after what you’ve been thru so far 46BBABB1-5E24-4E38-A0DC-3ADAF7A69803.jpeg
  6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

A friend's captain once hit the throttles on her 110' yacht as they exited the 17 St. bridge in F.L. sending a 6' wall of water into the marina there. $20,000 later the owner told me she used to have a proud German captain. She now had a very humble Germain captain. Wakes cause serious damage and you are responsible for it.
  7. Rodger

Rodger Senior Member

About ten years ago I was north bound from L 8 on a 74' Viking S/F on the Welland Canal for a 13 mile run to L 7 as we departed L 8 Seaway traffic called me on my cell and told me to push it down to L 7 speed limit on that level is 9.9 knots.
    As I was approaching old bridge 10 which was removed that spring I came around the corner and Seaway painters were painting the old concrete bridge abutments fluorescents orange we checked it down as we were doing about 20 knots are wake went up over the piers and washed the paint off.
    It was a good thing I new the painters I bought them a few beers a few weeks latter.
    ChiTown likes this.