Click for Walker Click for Nordhavn Click for Delta Click for Westport Click for Burger

Looking for a yard

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by NYCAP123, Nov 13, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I won't mention the name of the yard we've been in, but for those who know I want to state that they handled us and the situation perfectly today. They're running short staffed (a problem a lot of businesses have saddled themselves with the past few years). They appologized and I look forward to giving them another go on my way north in the spring (with a shorter list). To me they're good people who tried, but just weren't up for the job at this time. Yes they should have waved us off when we first arranged to come in, but anybody can screw up. It's what you do next that matters, and they left me feeling very good about them. Tomorrow morning we'll be cruising down to Wrightsville beach. Go to the Great Loop thread if you'd like to follow along on the bow cam: http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/general-yachting-discussion/21248-great-loop-cruise-video-11.html
  2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Glad they handled it well. That's consistent with all we were hearing. I've seen it so many times. Businesses cut back and make changes impacting the productive parts of the business. I've seen companies lacking sales reduce their sales force and wonder how that addresses the problem. I've seen manufacturing firms cut industrial engineers, who should always more than pay for themselves. I've often said businesses truly show what they're made of when things go wrong, not when everything goes right. They showed that to you today, hopefully. Now the big question is will those in charge now allow them to rectify the issues so future customers aren't impacted as you were.

I also commend you for not publicly identifying them.
  3. Bill106

Bill106 Senior Member

Sorry I'm late to the party guys! Wish you would have given me a shout while you were in town Ed, would have loved to meet you in person. If you haven't pulled out yet I'm heading to the shop now.

All the businesses in the Jarrett Bay park own their own properties and for the most part we all get along together very well. When Randy started the park he subdivided and sold lots to form a central boating "zone" much the same as the Wanchese and Stuart marine parks. We built our building in 2000 (refi in 09) and there are three other builders, many suppliers and all the major engine manufacturers represented. Jarrett Bay, True World and soon to be Moores Marine have the lift facilities and work with all us landlocked guys to haul and transport. Everyones always knocking on their neighbors door to borrow a cup of sugar (or paint) until the truck gets there tomorrow.

You are spot on about Kenan and Patrick at True World Judy, it's always a pleasure to deal with them! I have two boats in their yard now with a third coming next week (after Mark's boat leaves of course :D)