Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for Delta Click for Mulder

Let’s Talk STARLINK

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by DOCKMASTER, Jun 19, 2022.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

I got a credit for mine. Go to the website and look up frequently asked questions. Then give a "thumbs down", which will direct you to open a help desk ticket.
  2. DOCKMASTER

DOCKMASTER Senior Member

Thanks. Will give that a try.
  3. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

It was only a partial credit....I can't recall exactly how much.
  4. SplashFl

SplashFl Active Member

3-18-23
    Earlier Friday, SpaceX launched from Vandenberg Space Force Base, sending up 52 more of its growing constellation of Starlink internet satellites with a successful liftoff at 3:21 p.m., and recovered its first-stage booster on a droneship in the Pacific Ocean.
  5. rtrafford

rtrafford Senior Member

I'm guessing the thing about the Bahamas is sort of a disclaimer that makes the owner responsible for any penalty of use coming from the Bahamas, allowing the company to drop you if that happens. I don't feel a fence. I also wonder if these rules are applying to the new lines of equipment only (in practice as opposed to what they advise you) as my 135 hasn't seen 150 yet...and as I said, no fence felt.
  6. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Crossed to Cat Cay last night and then Chub this morning. The new HP antenna has worked flawlessly but the original antenna disconnects as soon we get underway. It came back online while anchored off cat cay but now it s not restarting in chub. Glad I upgraded and added the HP
  7. Jeff Kelly74

Jeff Kelly74 New Member

8. DOCKMASTER

DOCKMASTER Senior Member

Got the antenna mounted. Opted for a mini mast type custom mount vs. the single pipe most are using. Fairly certain we got it high enough to stay out of the radar plane but we’ll see once we get out of the building and activate it. It will be powered by an existing inverter that has ample capacity. I figured why add a dedicated UPS when I already have the inverter and it is right where I need it. Starlink Compressed.jpg Starlink Comressed 2.jpg Starlink Comressed 2.jpg
  9. TahoeJohn

TahoeJohn Member

That's some impressive custom fabrication! Very nice install.
  10. motoryachtlover

motoryachtlover Senior Member

Yes that looks really nice and professional. Looks like you have quite the shop with the Gantry and all. My redneck fantasy.
  11. DOCKMASTER

DOCKMASTER Senior Member

That’s the small side of the building and has 2(ea) 25t bridge cranes. The big side has 2(ea) 75t gantry cranes with hook heights just under 100’. Full disclosure, it’s not “my” shop. The company owns it.
  12. GPO

GPO Member

While it's difficult to judge the scale in the photo, it looks large. Is it the HP version?
  13. DOCKMASTER

DOCKMASTER Senior Member

Not sure what the HP version is. I ordered the in motion RV version
  14. GPO

GPO Member

The HP (High Performance) version is the larger, more square one with the mounting bracket (like in your photo) versus the pole mount offered on the Standard. The Starlink website currently shows a picture of the Roam having a pole mount, which is confusing (to me). That's why I asked the question.
  15. GPO

GPO Member

I see now, having looked further in the Starlink website, that they do have a photo of the bracket mounted version installed on the roof of an RV. My bad. Sorry to be a nuisance.
  16. DOCKMASTER

DOCKMASTER Senior Member

Not a nuisance at all in my opinion. I appreciate knowing I have the HP version.
  17. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

18. volfkan

volfkan Active Member

Hi everyone after a long time, I moved to the new region, work force and finally internet, there is no infrastructure here (fiber) I got starlink connected today, it gives very good results
    upload_2023-4-5_17-41-17.jpeg upload_2023-4-5_17-41-17.jpeg
  19. DOCKMASTER

DOCKMASTER Senior Member

This service is evolving rapidly. Seems like changes made to available service on a monthly basis or even more frequent. I just got this notice:

[​IMG]
    Starlink is now offering a new Maritime / Mobility planfor $250/mo that provides 50GB of Priority data, which enables our fastest network speeds for consumers and can be used on the ocean and land. After using all Priority data, the plan includes unlimited data on inland coverage (e.g., lakes, rivers) anywhere Starlink has service around the world.

Additional Priority data (with access to oceans) will be available for purchase at $2/GB in your account page at a later date.
  20. MBevins

MBevins Senior Member

Yeah, got the same email about a hour ago. Be curious how my RV plan will work moving forward.
    They didn't say you had to change hardware with this new plan though.