Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport

Lets see your boat/yacht & tell us about you.

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by CTdave, Mar 25, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I remember Fabio Buzzi's "Winged-Wonder" from the Offshore World Champ's a few years ago, but I didn't know this was a production boat. With triple's, this things gotta really "fly"... from gas dock to gas dock!:D

If Tres Martin rigged it, you'll have a reliable ride. His shop is local to us and I've met with him on occasion. Nice guy who does great work.

Beautiful boat, psdo. Congratulations!! (and thanks for posting)

Carl
  2. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

I had no idea that Fabio was building "production" boats.
    I too remember well the Key West World Championships with Fabio running the Winged Wonder.
    Those were the days in Offshore racing. Key West had over 150 boats registered from as far as Norway, Argentina, Puerto Rico and many more. Mabe I should step away from the wine glass so I could remember the rest:rolleyes:

Carl, what is your typical weekend cruising agenda?
    I'll be running around So. Florida once or twice before I run my Post home.

OH!!! Before I forget, I'm looking for a generator. Westerbeke (first) Kohler (second) and onan (third). 7.6 to 9 kw.
    Do you have any connections for preferably a Westerbeke 7.6BTD generator? I'm a little tired of people wanting to make close to $1000 for picking up the phone & having it drop shipped to my marina.
    Dave
  3. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

psdo
    Nice toy!
    I bet your "down Island" right now enjoying your ride.
    Tres Martin is one hell of a stand up guy. In our first APBA race, I had never met Tres but he came up to me & said "we ran a few practice laps & found that the course is actually shorter than APBA says. Calculate your fuel for "X" (iI can't remember now) miles."
    Well, nobody else figured it out & just as Tres said, at the drivers meeting (too late to dump fuel before the race started) APBA made the correction. Way to go Tres! (although we didn't take less fuel, I now take his word on anything!)
  4. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Carl
    When are you going to run your big rig up to the Northeast? LOTS of fun places up here!!
    If you ever get up to CT, I can get you into my club. Riverside Yacht Club is one of the finest facilities around...
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2004
  5. rickcurtis

rickcurtis New Member

Photo of cockpit teak on my 39 SeaRay

I looked for a photo to post of my 39' SeaRay, "Suavemente", and all I could find were photos like this one. I've got some other shots but they are likewise cluttered.

Photo Edited by Admin...
  6. YachtForums

Hey Dave,

Weekend cruising consists of...

1. Taking an uninitiated bow ornament out on the little boat in three to four footers, leaving her reproductive capabilities questionable, or...

2. Taking the big boat up to Shooters to solicit repeat candidates for the above.:D

Seriously, the boats are generally used for business, entertaining clients, etc. You're welcome to join us when you come down!

Carl
  7. CaptPKilbride

CaptPKilbride Senior Member

New User

Hello All,

Just wanted to say hello, and comment that I hope this board becomes popular, with many useful and informative posts.

I am a yacht captain, based in Connecticut and Maine. I look forward to reading more of everyones posts, and contributing my own $0.02 here and there!
  8. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

1 & 2: Lmao:D :D
    Ahhhh, I remember the days when I was running Yachts in S. Fl & I was told by the owners to "run the boat every weekend, even when were not there". Shooters/Bootleggers in Ft. Laud were regular stops. You can fill in the rest of the blanks;)
  9. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Rick
    I like your taste in.....ummm.....Sea Rays:rolleyes:

CaptPKillbride
    Where do you do your CT boating? What type of boat?

Welcome aboard to both of you! I'm new here but it looks like a great site. Tell your friends to post some pictures!

Dave
    Greenwich CT
    USCG 100 Ton Master
  10. CaptPKilbride

I run a 68 ft Burger, based in Cos Cob but cruise around LI Sound too.
  11. rickcurtis

rickcurtis New Member

Photo of Stainless Anchor on my 39 SeaRay

Another cluttered photo, but check out my stainless steel anchor.

Photo edited by Admin...
  12. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Now that's a **** fine.............ummm............anchor!!!
    With a 2 year old & another on the way, my hat is off to you!!
    I am now living vicariously through rickcurtis:D

CaptPKillbride, I keep my Post at the Riverside Yacht Club. Ooooh, 3 minutes from you & live about 5 minutes down the road! Small world!
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2004
  13. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

ps....Rick,
    If you need help, I wil volunteer to help with your "anchor" situation:p
  14. CaptPKilbride

Yeah it really is a small world isnt it? imagine my surprise to read a post here and realize that we are both on the same very small river:cool:
  15. YachtForums

What happened? This thread heated up like a motor with a clogged intake. Seriously... with all the information on YachtForums and so many with useful experience to share... are they ALL too busy cleaning out their Sea-Strainers to take 5 minutes and post something?

You would think yacht owners reached their individual successes by getting involved in the things they held a passion for. Now I can understand why the election process is broken! What a bunch of slackers!:rolleyes:

The first new guy to post something gains my undivided respect for being man enough to speak up. In addition, I'll give him a free membership to YachtForums!;)

Carl (I've met supermodels that have more to say) Camper
  16. rickcurtis

rickcurtis New Member

Slackers?

Hey, Carl, I tried to get it moving with the photos of my boat. I think maybe you should post some photos of guys in swimsuits to get this group moving. By the way, a supermodel talking is not necessarily providing "information".

Rick
  17. CaptPKilbride

Carl,
    For us New Englanders, this month is hectic with getting boats ready to go in for the season after a winter hibernation... not a whole lot of time for posting!
    Patrick (busier than a one armed paper hanger) Kilbride:D
  18. YachtForums

I wasn't talking about you guys... or anybody else that has posted ANYTHING on YachtForums. I'm talking about all the lurkers!! We've got a ton of 'em.

By the way, Rick... I think your pics were tasteful and I've enjoyed them, knowing full well they may be "racy" enough to make the "Thurston Howell" crew faint in disbelief. However, I thought maybe they were provacative enough to get 'em off the phone with their congressman and online where they really can make a difference.

And to Dave... you've got a great sense of humor. Look forward to topping off your drink when you come to town.

And to John... a BIG thanks for VERY informative and relavent posts. I'm not only topping off your drink when you get to town, I'll have a topless girl do it for you!

To Chris... who's knowledge of yachts rivals the most seasoned writers in the business, and who's pictures are second to none.

To Berndt... one of the most talented yacht & ship designers on the planet. This is one of the guys that is shaping the industry.

My flare gun's been fired, we'll see if anybody responds to this hailing call.

Carl
  19. YachtForums

Patrick,

You're officially on shore-leave. If you're not back on board (or on the board!) within a week, I'm reporting you as AWOL!

Carl ;)
  20. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Re: Slackers?

Yep! Been there, done that & it didn't last too long.
    :confused: <- was the look on my face "most" of the time;)
    LOL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.