Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for Northern Lights Click for Furuno

Lauderdale Marine Center - sold

Discussion in 'Marinas & Waypoints' started by JWY, May 12, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Actually I've seen some very smart people be very stupid with money, because they don't respect it. Plus I don't like to call people stupid, because I've learned some very smart things from people with low IQs. When I say "stupid money" I'm referring to money disposed of foolishly.
  2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

And who gets to decide what is foolish? I know one way you spend money that I personally consider the most foolish of all possible ways to spend money. I'm sure you'd consider many of the ways we spend money to be foolish. So do you get to decide what is foolish for all? Or just for yourself?

Now I believe the developer spending money on the site of Pier 17 is foolish, but then it's not my money so I really don't care and if he can afford to put it at risk then I'd say not foolish. Even if it fails, that doesn't mean the decision was foolish. And while that won't be my choice of places to dock boats, it may be a good choice for others.
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

The thread is getting off topic, but the answer to your question is in your statement. We decide for ourselves what we consider foolish and are all entitled to our own opinions....right or wrong.
  4. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

X2 x 2
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I don't like LMC at all. It's like a High school over there. I had one vender doing some woodwork, then another vender was going to do some bottom work. But the woodworking guy didn't like the company that was planned to do the bottom work so he was going to quit his work. What a mess. Give me a yard that is full service, one business to pay the bill to, and one company to deal with in regards to warrantying it.

As for the dockominium place, it's ridiculous. The whole concept and the prices. An owner can buy an entire house on the middle river for $2million, that will accomodate a 130-150' yacht, has the draft and room for the toys next to it, an entire house for the crew to live in, as well as property appreciation and easier to sell. I know of a few for sale on the West side of the Middle River in that price range with the dockage and electric already in place for a yacht that size and deeded for it.
  6. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Here is video showing the basin where the "Dockominiums" will be built.
    At 28 to 35 seconds, on the Port Side.
    It used to be an old boat yard, it was torn down years ago.
    Not a great view or easy to get to, but if executed right, perhaps it could shine after all....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?autoplay=1&v=bRbOxDP0CTI